THIS WEEK’S BRN EPISODES
- BRN AM November 4, 2019 ; BRN AM November 5, 2019 ; BRN AM November 6, 2019 ; BRN AM November 7, 2019 ; BRN AM November 8, 2019
- BRN Weekly Podcast for Sunday, November 3, 2019 In this episode: (1) Is there diversity fatigue at America’s companies?, (2) Millennials need to put away 40% of income for retirement?, (3) Facebook and Apple Earnings, and Uber Money?, (4) Halloween’s over and it’s the Holiday season – what can you do to prevent taken on more debt?, (5) tips for finding a financial advisor (or financial fitness coach, (6) news from the Mortgage Bankers Association conference – new regulations on FHA loans and the Federal Housing Finance Agency releases new expectations for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (7) where you live may determine your lifespan and (8) insecure about the SECURE Act, California’s CPPA is getting ready to come on line and a take on MIT’s 403(b) plan settlement.
WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- The Retirement System Crisis is All Hype, Group Argues; National auto-IRA program would boost US retirement savings; DC assets concentrated with top 5 managers
- GAO says DoD could do better on financial literacy, retirement efforts for its participants ; Upward swing in TSP returns during OctoberThe Future of Annuities for DC Plan Participants; Protecting Participants: What to Know About Mutual Fund Boards
- NAIC Working Group Racing The Clock To Finish Annuity Sales Model ; AIG Says It’s Responding to Probes of Retirement Sales Practices
- 4 Things to Factor in When Considering an Open MEP ; Software Eats ERISA Disclosure
- AIG says it’s responding to probes of retirement sales practices
- Rethinking the Idea That There is a Retirement Crisis
- Why Are 401(k)/IRA Balances Substantially Below Potential?
- The I Fund Has Been Caught Up in Politics
- Training, verification key to keeping DC participants’ accounts safe
- OregonSaves Could Cut National Retirement Savings Deficit 12%, EBRI Says
- Room for More Innovation in the QDIA Sphere
- Elizabeth Warren health care plan sparks outcry over 401(k) tax hike ; US Business Leaders Call for SECURE Act Passage in Senate ; Attorneys Argue for Stricter Reading of ‘Actual Knowledge’ in ERISA Cases
- 401k Balances are Far Below Potential
- Cybersecurity is a ticking time bomb for 401(k)s
- Bill introduced to block TSP investment in China ; Despite Recent Controversy, Consulting Firm Recommends TSP Stay the Course on I Fund Change
- 401(k)s haven’t helped clients save enough for retirement ; Retirement Industry Facing ‘Greatest Transition Since the Depression’
- Savings Limits for 401(k), Other Retirement Accounts to Rise ; The Case for E-Delivery of Retirement Plan Notifications
- EBRI: Extending OregonSaves Would Slash Retirement Deficits
- Supreme Court hears arguments in IBM stock-drop fiduciary challenge ; Prudential Sued Over Affiliated Funds in Employees’ 401(k) Plan
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.