WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- Most Americans Are Confident About Retirement Despite COVID-19 ; Coronavirus Pandemic Exacerbates Retirement Inequality ;12% of Employers Surveyed Suspended 401(k) Matching Amid Pandemic
- Coronavirus crimps advisor pay at wirehouses and other BDs ; Parsing the Paycheck Protection Program ; CPA firms, financial planners see changes to roles during pandemic
- Why Private Sector 401ks Not the Best Model for Public Sector Retirement Plans ; Advisors Fielding Questions About Suspending 401(k) Matches
- QDIAs Have Evolved. They Will Again After the Coronavirus.
- Senator David Perdue restructures his retirement savings, advisors to stop trading individual stocks
- Few investment managers can beat index funds ; Trump eyes federal retirement plan investments as part of showdown with China over coronavirus
- 401(k) Trading Slowed in April ; A Closer Look: Coronavirus-Related Distributions
- Bankruptcy and Benefits Beyond a Crisis: How Chapters 11 and 7 Affect Retirement and Welfare Plans
- A Thrift Savings Plan Update ; White House Cuts Off Savings Fund’s Investment in China Stocks
- Second ERISA Lawsuit Targets ADP Multiple Employer Plan ; Schlichter Seeks $4 Million in Fees for Oracle 401(k) Settlement ; Aegis Media Sued Over 401(k) Fees, Funds, Joins Growing List
- 401(k) participants stick with conservative investments in April ; Keeping Retiree Assets in DC Plans Benefits Sponsors and Participants ; DC strategies have ‘failed investors through Covid’
- Northwestern University stops matching contributions
- In the Dark About Target-Date Funds? You’re Not Alone.
- How to Survive a Department of Labor Audit
- Trump directs Federal Thrift board to halt TSP China investment ; Trump Administration Tells Federal Retirement Plan to Avoid Chinese Stocks ; White House Orders FRTIB to Stop Planned Change to I Fund
- Most US employers plan to make 401(k) assets easier to access during pandemic ; New Measures Announced to Protect the University’s Financial Future ; Federal Retirement Fund Halts Planned China Investment Under Pressure
- Dave Ramsey Might Think I’m Crazy, But Here’s Why You Should Skip Your 401k Match
- Why ERISA Advisors Should (Really) Consider Stable Value Funds
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.