WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- Ouch! COVID-19 is forcing some people to put retirement on hold ; Age-Friendly Employers Are Integral to the New Social Contract for Retirement
- The future of 401(k) plans looks bright ; Income as the Outcome: Sustaining Your Participants Throughout Retirement ; Institutionalized 401(k) portability needed now more than ever
- Labor Dept. Moves to Curb Social Goals in Retirement Investing ; Investor Advocates Urge DOL to Reverse Policy on Private Equity in 401(k)s ;Costco’s Use of Actively Managed Funds in 401(k) Plan Lineup Called Out in Lawsuit
- A traditional 401(k) is better than a Roth 401(k) — except in this surprising situation
- ICI: Retirement Assets Dropped 12% in Q1 ; How Exposed Are Retirement Savings to Market Risk? ; Opinion: How to avoid a 10% bite when you dip into your retirement funds ; Life Insurance Can Help Improve Retirement Readiness
- To Keep Retiring Participants in the Plan, Tout the Benefits ; Excluding Employees From the Right to Make 403(b) Elective Deferrals
- TSP doubles target-date options for federal workers
- GASB releases guidance on deferred compensation plans ; IRS Notice Details RMD Rollback Process Under CARES Act ; Senator Calls for New Opt-In Period for Military’s Blended Retirement System
- Costco Accused Of Mismanaging $15.5B 401(k) Plan
- Surprisingly Few Americans Have Postponed Retirement Due to COVID-19 ; Clearing Up Confusion About Retirement Timing ; Retirement Confidence Is Down in 2020
- Self-Directed 401(k) Participants Also Increased Trading in Q1 2020 ; Website design affects 401(k) participants’ decisions ; Report of Retirees’ Fleeing Market Due to Coronavirus Was Greatly Exaggerated
- Are 401(k) menus out of balance?
- Do Standard Glide Path Illustrations Obscure Key Information? ; The push to allow CITs in 403(b)s
- IBM 401(k) Case Stays Alive After 2d Cir. Declines to Revisit
- Five frequently asked questions about Annuities
- These Are Baby Boomers’ Top 3 Retirement Fears ; The Big Reason So Many Older Workers Risk Being Pushed Into Early Retirement Today ; Should You Keep Saving for Retirement When You’re on Unemployment?
- Investment Losses in Your Retirement Account? How to Reset and Move Forward
- Social Security ‘retirement test’ gets a failing grade
- Analysis: Private equity isn’t what retirement savers need
- IRS expands criteria to withdraw money from retirement plans for those affected by coronavirus
- How Much Retirement Income Can Your Savings Generate? ; Is Suze Orman right? Is a traditional IRA really the wrong way to invest for retirement? ; 401k Cashout Leakage is Real, Not a ‘Narrative’
- Annuity sales back on track by 2022: Report
- IRS says more Americans now eligible for COVID-related distributions from retirement accounts ; If you inherited a retirement account, you need to think twice before you tap it this year
- Attention Sponsors of 403(b) Plans: You May Need to Take Action by June 30
- Study Suggests Private Equity Doesn’t Outperform Stock Indices ; Trump administration move could add ‘significant risks’ to retirement accounts ; The government says you can now invest your 401(k) in private equity. Be very afraid ; Why 401k Plan Sponsors Who Offer Private Equity Funds Could Be Sued
- Fidelity Near Settlement in Workers’ 401(k) Fee Suit ; Are ESG Options Oversold? ; Excessive Recordkeeping Fees Cites in Oshkosh ERISA Challenge
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.