WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- Five tips for managing a 401(k) during the pandemic’s turbulence ; I’m a 57-year-old nurse with no retirement savings and I want to retire within seven years. What can I do? ; Have you ever considered a ‘phased’ retirement? ; It’s Not Too Late to Hit Your Retirement Savings Goal. Here’s How
- Pandemic-fueled TSP participants are withdrawing and borrowing thousands of dollars
- 3-in-4 Americans Have This Social Security Concern — and They Should
- The DOL Addresses How Much Retirement Income A 401(k) Account Provides ; Making Defined Contribution Plan Benefits Look Like Annuity Payments ; The Path Is Greased For Annuity Sales Into Retirement Plans
- Neiman Marcus executives face retirement savings slash during bankruptcy ; Is Biden Backing a Plan to Clip Your 401(k)? ; ADP 401(k) Plan Participants Defend Suit Over Personal Info ; Pacific Life to DOL: Are you the rollover police?
- Workers Continue to Take Withdrawals From Retirement Accounts ; Do I owe penalties on an IRA withdrawal because of coronavirus? ; Are You Ready to Invest Beyond a 401(k)? ; 7 reasons robo-advisers are the best way to save for retirement
- If you’re not prepared for low rates, you’ll work forever. Have you told your boss? ; Are Your Clients Ready For Retirement?
- How many employers are suspending 401(k) matches? ; Terminating payroll tax could end Social Security benefits in 2023, chief actuary warns
- Turning 401(k) Plans into Lifetime Investments ; The SECURE Act’s Implications for Guaranteed Income ; DOL Releases Interim Final Rule on New Disclosures for Pension Benefit Statements
- The Department of Labor Is Attacking Sustainable Investments — And Harming Plan Participants ; Investors Seek More Substantive PEP Guidance from DOL ; Two Stones, One Bird: SEC’s Double Whammy against Advisory Firm ; BTG International settles 401(k) ERISA suit
- 6 Signs It’s Time to Retire ; Even Wealthier Americans Are Pessimistic About Retirement Because of Coronavirus ; Self-Directed 401(k) Balances Bounced Back in Q2
- The significance of financial wellness benefits for employees in a COVID-19 world ; You have a week to reverse this retirement withdrawal. It could cut your Medicare costs
- Most participants still like the TSP, but satisfaction among new military members lags ; 3 Product Launches Highlight How 401k Admin is Changing
- Primer on Managed Accounts in DC Plans ; An important SECURE and CARES Act reminder for plan administrators
- Should we rethink how we tax Social Security benefits? ; 3 Things to Ask About Annuities Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Biden retirement proposal would upend traditional 401(k) plans ; DOL Letters Seen as Further Effort to Restrict Use of ESG in Retirement Plans
- Two-Thirds of Americans Are in for a Huge Financial Shock in Retirement ; Are You on Track for Retirement? Here’s How to Know ; Why Your Retirement Account Paperwork Needs To Done Right ; Tax Mistakes In 2020 That Could Ruin Your Retirement
- Company stock finds smaller role with participants ; DOL inquiry could put chill on ESG investments
- Is your zero bias hurting your retirement savings? Some are choosing wrong target date funds
- Early Social Security can cut benefits
- Trump DOL,SEC Fail To Warn 401ks About Massive Private Equity Dangers ; Wall Street Is Looting the American Retirement System. The Trump Administration Is Helping
- How much do you really need to retire? ; Should You Be One of 68 Million Americans Altering Their Retirement Plans Due to COVID-19? ; How to get your retirement planning back on track ; 3 Things Boomers Need to Know About Social Security Before Retirement ; GAO Explores Reasons for Women’s Retirement Insecurity
- Employer-Based Retirement Savings Are Stronger Than Ever ; Investors With Both 401(k) and IRA Save More Over Time: Study ; Are 401(k) Fees Eating into Your Retirement? Now Might Be a Good Time to Check ; Are You Ready For The New 401(k) MEP/PEP?
- Plan Sponsors Design 401ks to Engage Participants ; Public Retirement Research Database Reaches Critical Mass
- Pandemic sparks annuities panic among retirees ; Why Taking Social Security Early Costs Too Much
- DOL proposes rule for pooled plan provider registration ; How 2 Labor Dept. Rules Can Undermine Your Retirement Plans ; iHeart Communications Faces 401(k) Excessive Fee Suit ; Another Lawsuit Scrutinizes Use of Active TDF Suite in 401(k) Plan ; BTG Reaches Deal In 401(k) Record-Keeping Fee Challenge
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.