WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- Despite pandemic, retirement saving stays steady ; Will COVID-19 push employers to overhaul retirement plans? ; How a simple nudge can motivate workers to save for retirement
- Here’s why two 401(k) accounts aren’t better than one ; Your 401(k) Isn’t for Emergencies. Experts Hope Savers Will Remember That Post-Pandemic. ; The CARES Act RMD waiver ;401(k) Plans Finally Can Invest in Private Equity, Leveling the Playing Field
- 4 Pieces of Really Bad News About Social Security That Should Worry Future Retirees ; Senators Prod Social Security Actuary on Impact of Ending Payroll Tax
- Advising Early Retirees on Money Management ; How Annuities Can Protect Lifetime Income and Mitigate Retirement Risk ; The Problem With Variable Annuities – Are They Too Expensive? ; Variable Indexed Annuity Sales Keep the Light On
- IRS Issues NPRM for Qualified Plan Loan Offset Amounts
- Prime Healthcare Sued Over 401(k)’s Fidelity Target Date Funds
- Advisors can now offer 401(k)s with Betterment, but some are skeptical ; The TSP is Cheap, Unless You Are Retired ; Universal Savings Accounts Can Help More Americans Save for Their Futures
- What accounts are protected from creditors during bankruptcy?
- Get ready to see how much you REALLY have saved for retirement ; DOL Issues Rule on Lifetime Income Statements ; 5 Things to Know About the New 401(k) Plan Illustration Regs, for Agents
- MetLife Directors Escape Suit Over Pension Annuity Program ; LinkedIn sued over management of 401(k) plan ; Aon, Schneider Electric Fight Allegations of 401(k) Disloyalty
- Retirement living: Here’s what it costs to retire comfortably in every state ; The new savings target for a modest retirement: $8 million? ; America’s retirement race gap, and ideas for closing it ; ERISA savings plans: A cautionary tale for clients
- Where Will Your Retirement Savings Be 10 Years from Now? ; 4 Steps to Surviving Retirement Without Social Security ; Why taking Social Security early costs too much
- Creating Your Own Inflation-Protected Annuity ; The benefits and drawbacks of annuities
- Private equity in your 401(k) — is this a good idea?
- Be sure to get in the habit of opening your 401K statements ; The threat of cyber theft from 401(k) accounts is real
- The company retirement match remains the norm despite coronavirus recession
- 401(k) Fiduciary Litigation on the Rise – Take These Steps Now to Avoid Liability Later ; Goldman Sachs Seeks Quick Appeal Over In-House 401(k) Funds ; LinkedIn Joins List of Plan Sponsors Targeted in Stream of Excessive Fee Suits ; American Airlines 401(k) Plan Not Required To Offer Stable Value Fund ;IRS Issues Rollover Rules for Retirement Plan Loan Balances
- Why you might go broke in retirement
- How to Choose a 401(k) Plan Auditor
- Are Millennials Right to Be Skeptical of Social Security’s Future? ; 3 Social Security Facts That Could Catch You Off Guard
- The Deadline for Retirees to Return Unwanted RMDs Is Almost Here
- What Dept. of Labor proposal means for your 401k
- A Shockingly Small Number of Americans Receive All the Traditional Sources of Retirement Income ; America’s Retirement Race Gap, and Ideas for Closing It; Are Employer-Sponsored DC Plans the Best Retirement Savings Vehicles? ; Workers Lacking 401ks Need a Solution ; Where Are We in 401k Recovery?
- What to Do With Your Pension Fund When You Retire ; A Divorce Could Have a Big Impact on Your Retirement Savings
- Why Annuities Are Underutilized (And What Could Be Done About It) ; Employers Can’t Provide Retirement Plans- Let’s Stop Pretending They Can ; Low Rates Aren’t Going Anywhere. Here’s What That Means for Retirement Planning.
- Does Private Equity Belong in Your 401(k)? ; DOL’s Proposed ESG Rules Would Create Compliance Burdens, Report Says ; DOL Scrutinizing RIAs’ Use of ESG Investments in Retirement Plans ; The SEC’s Retail Mutual Fund Disclosure Framework Is Changing
- Gannett Co. ERISA Lawsuit Revived by 4th Circuit ; Estee Lauder And Costco Targeted In 401(k) Lawsuit Surge ; $39.5 Million Settlement Agreed to in DC Plan Excessive Fee Suit ; LinkedIn Targeted in Latest Proposed Class Suit Over 401(k) Fees
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.