WEEKLY WRAP-UP OF RETIREMENT NEWS
- Retirement Plan Balances Have Rebounded Despite the Coronavirus Pandemic; Do 401k Menus Suffer from a Generation Gap?
- Report Cites Growing Complexity of Retirement Savings ; Women and people of color more likely to be forced into early retirement by coronavirus ; Top 3 Financial Questions I’ve Been Asked During COVID And How It Might Affect Your Retirement
- It’s Time to Consider Privatizing the Thrift Savings Plan
- 1 in 5 Retirees Are Entirely Dependent Upon Social Security
- The SECURE Act: An Opportunity To Discuss Annuities With Clients ; Half of 401k Plan Sponsors Want Help Understanding CARES Act
- CareerBuilder Settles With 401(k) Investor After Class Suit Axed
- Decisions to postpone retirement due to COVID-19 vary by US city ; Federal Workers Ready to Retire If Government Forces Reopening
- Small plans continue to use mutual funds; while large plans continue shift to CITs ; Private equity has the potential to boost DC plan investments: report
- The ‘Tragicomedy’ of 401k Cashout Leakage ; The Pivotal Shift from Thrift Saving to Thrift Spending ; ; Retirement in a low interest rate environment
- What does it mean to be vested? ; Still Time To Make Midyear Amendments To Safe Harbor Defined Contribution Plans ; Some record keepers waiving fees for new business
- Do These 3 Things to Optimize Your Social Security Benefits ; NAIC Extends Annuity, Life Disclosure Rule Work ; DOL Sales Standard Proposal Could Backfire: ACLI
- Mercy Health Corp. Faces 403(b) Plan Excessive Fee Lawsuit ; Omnicom fiduciary-breach suit focuses on fees, fund choices ; Judge Finds 401(k) Participants Proved No Harm From Lack of Stable Value Fund ; HCA Kansas hospital sues union over 401(k) plan grievance ; Challenge to TEGNA Stock in Gannett 401(k) Revived on Appeal ; Illinois federal court dismisses ERISA claims against 401(k) fiduciaries
- Yes, you may still be able to retire one day ; The Millennial Retirement Puzzle ; Retirement savers cash in after shrugging off stock market woes in the spring
- 4 Ways ETFs are Perfect for Retirement ; DOL Asks RIAs Chilling Questions About Use Of ESG Products
- Company 401(k) matches are (mostly) surviving the coronavirus ; Trump Touts 401(k) Balances That Increased 14% Last Quarter
- Do Investors Really Understand the 5 Risks of Retirement? ; KKR Says the Annuity Market Still Looks Good
- Be careful about taking advantage of the Cares Act rules for penalty-free retirement withdrawal
- Recent Acts Will Require Plan Amendments ; IRS Grants Relief for 2020 RMDs ; More ERISA Plaintiffs Challenge Use of Active TDF Suit
- 5 Lessons 1966 Can Teach Us About Retirement Today ; 8 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Retirement Planning ; 13 Financial Milestones You Must Reach Before Retirement ; How COVID-19’s 168-Hour Workweek Is Changing Work In Retirement ; Millennials and Gen X need $2 million to retire.
- At a time of financial stress, 401(k) fees matter more than ever
- Multi-Manager For DC Plans: How To Hit The Sweet Spot, Even In Volatile Markets
- Will Retiring Before 62 Reduce My Social Security Retirement Benefit? ; 8 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Retirement Planning
- Feds seek to limit pension and 401k plan options for socially-minded investments
- How do you prepare for the future when life is so uncertain now? ; Retirement worries keep rising ; If not a 401(k), then what? The alternatives aren’t great ; 7 ways to make extra income in retirement ; Not All 401(k)s Are Alike: SDBAs Come with More Control
- 401(k) Plan Issues in the Current Environment
- Evidence emerges of COVID-19’s impact on forced retirement ; Drawing Down Retirement Savings in a Pandemic
- 12 Things to Know About the TSP L Funds ; What Are The Fees Associated With The Variable Annuity?
- DOL’s ESG Proposal Blasted in Public Comments
- Judge rules for American Airlines in ERISA dispute ; National Rural Electric Cooperative to settle ERISA case for $10 million ; Mercy Health 401(k) participants sue for ERISA breaches ; Class Of 250000 Workers Gets OK In AT&T 401(k) Fee Suit
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.