Retirement Week in Review
October 19, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, October 13, 2019 In this episode: (1) The SEC looks in to governmental retirement plans – what’s it all mean?, (2) Index fund growth – how do they vote their proxies?, (3) Target to Power a Toys R’ Us shopping experience, (4) it’s open enrollment time! Do you know the difference between an FSA and an HSA?, (5) California’s state-wide rent control law – what are the unintended consequences?, (6) the latest research on private equity buyouts and, (7) has a trade talk impasse been reached and has it quelled markets?
- BRN AM October 14, 2019
- BRN AM October 15, 2019
- BRN AM October 16, 2019
- BRN AM October 17, 2019
- BRN AM October 18, 2019
- Designing A Tiered Retirement Plan ; Are DC Plans Finally Warming up to ESG Investing?
- Employers Try a New Perk: Matching Student Loan Payments With 401(k) Contributions
- Liberals’ proposed annuities probably won’t be ready next year
- SEC Probes Practices in Public-Sector Retirement Plans
- Morgan Stanley wins 401(k) lawsuit over its plan’s in-house and BlackRock funds; Northrop Defends 401(k) As Trial Looms In ERISA Class Action ; Court Orders ESOP Fiduciary to Complete Fiduciary Training
- Why So Many 403(b) Plans Flunk the Smell Test
- OPINION: China is building financial leverage over all Americans
- GE’s pension freeze puts a spotlight on America’s retirement planning problem
- DC Plans 3.0 Will Really be Tailored to Individual Situations
- Small Business And Retirement Savings: The Push For Multiple Employer Plans
- Paper Pushers Want Participants to be Page-Turners
- DOL shake-up touted as a plus for industry ; America’s workers and small business owners need the SECURE Act ; IRS Schedules Public Hearing on MEPs
- 401(k) Investors Continue to Flee Equities ; Keeping Stable Value Options Stable
- Why so many 403(b) plans flunk the smell test ; SEC Promotes Teacher Investment Outreach
- New Lawsuit Highlights Importance of Cybersecurity for Retirement Plans
- Do 401k Advisors and Sponsors Really Understand 3(38), 3(21), 3(16)?
- 7 Republican senators urge passage of SECURE Act
- Target Date Funds Fail to Live Up to Expectations: Report
- Envisioning ‘Ideal Retirement’ Helps Participants Save More ; 401(k) education needs more hands-on learning
- Participant sues Estee Lauder over 401(k) security breach
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 650,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.