PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES, CHARITY & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Did you make financial progress this year? Evaluate yourself with this checklist ; How to Cut Your Tax Bill in the Final Weeks of 2019 ; The Year-End Financial Wrap-Up
- 3 Big Ways to Cut Costs If You Can’t Afford to Retire; More Seniors Are Declaring Bankruptcy. Here Are 4 Mistakes to Avoid.
- College cost just as problematic as loans ; College Is So Expensive That Students Are Going Hungry
- Too many credit cards? Protect your credit scores while closing accounts
- This is what the experts really want to see happen to fix Social Security
- Low interest rates mean recalculating the retirement income formula
- Attentiveness to charity a good recruitment tool ; Charitable giving in a global-warming world ; How to give back without busting your budget
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Fewer Americans See Healthcare in Crisis Mode ; Do Americans Want Choice, or Do They Just Want Health Care?
- Digital health start-up once worth $1.5 billion is racing to keep lights on as investors flee
- Surprise Bills Often Hit in Emergencies ; Ban on Surprise Medical Bills May Pass After All
- Why AI Will Be the Best Tool for Extending Our Longevity
- Finding the Most Effective Healthcare Apps
- NHS gives Amazon free use of health data under Alexa advice deal
- Collaborative Effort Will Support Mental Health for California Students
TECH, MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Microsoft study finds 44M users using breached passwords
- In A BYOD World, Everybody Needs Cybersecurity Chops ; Cyber risk management: an actuarial point of view
- When Will Blockchain Technology Be a Game-Changer?
- Are my passwords on the dark web? These tools monitor your info after a data breach
- Key security priorities for financial services: Preventing fraud and data leaks ; Hackers can steal bank logins due to a security weakness in Google’s Android OS
- Global financial watchdogs take aim at Big Tech’s data dominance
- BMW Infiltrated by Hackers Hunting for Automotive Trade Secrets
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS & LITIGATION
- Why We Desperately Need Defined Contribution Plans ; For Some 401(k) Holders, Picking Funds Is as Simple as ABC. Unfortunately.
- New data questions conventional wisdom
- Why these teachers’ retirement plans aren’t making the grade
- Mayor Pete’s Retirement Plan to Tax the Middle Class ; Stop coming up with ideas to raid retirement savings
- Presidential candidates respond to the growing pension crisis
- Jim Brown calls NFL’s pension rate ‘shockingly, immorally, low’
- Lessons from Orange County’s 1994 bankruptcy ;
- Fair PERA fixes will attract, keep workers
- Illinois spent $8.5 billion to cut its pension debt. It wasn’t enough.
- It’s a bait and switch on the state’s public pensions ; True to form, lawmakers ignore dark pension clouds
- ‘Big Joe’ Clark column: You can have a pension if you want one
- French PM says he is determined to complete pension reform
- Old-age pension to reach beneficiaries’ doorsteps
- Canadian bankruptcy at highest in decade as interest rates climb
- Why Friday’s jobs report just extended the bull market ; A booming jobs report isn’t an all-clear signal for the economy ; In the Next Downturn, Fiscal Policy May Have to Step Up
- For the first time in US history, a decade will pass without the country falling into a recession
- Oil Is Moving Higher ; The US Dominates New Oil And Gas Production
- Investors Bail on Stock Market Rally, Fleeing Funds at Record Pace ; Japanification Is the Scourge Threatening to Go Global in 2020 ; Investors Gird for Year-End Turmoil in Cash Markets
- Financial industry fears AI could decimate high-paying positions
- ‘Funds of Funds’ Move Into ETF World ; Nontransparent ETFs are gaining traction and could mean big money for industry
- This Has Been a Good Year for Many US Sustainable Funds ; Warning for ESG investors: Your data might be letting you down ;Paradise Destinations Say It’s Time to Pay Up for Climate ; Why green buildings make for better investments
- Leading US university endowments struggle to beat tracker funds ; OCIO graduates from education phase
- Clients Pull Money at Hedge Fund That Helped Kill Toys ‘R’ Us
- Bitcoin’s ‘Multi-Trillion Dollar’ Question ; Cryptocurrency Journey since the Bitcoin Bubble ; Why Does Cryptocurrency Have a #FakeNews Problem?
- REIT Valuations Getting Richer, But Opportunities Exist ; CBRE report details the restaurant industry’s impact on commercial real estate
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.