February 4, 2021 SUBSCRIBE
- FINRA Report Puts ‘Game-Like’ Trading Apps On Notice ; Day Trading Frenzy Weighs on Investor Trust ; Coupon Queen: Subscriptions doing a financial disservice ; 5 signs you can trust an investment app with your money ; How to find a financial adviser
- Money-Market Funds Create a New Term for Losing Money ; Bitcoin Accounts Offer 3% Rates in a Low-Interest World
- Folks Who Can Least Afford Bank Fees Pay the Most ; What bank are the younger generations using for personal and business?
- HR leaders may overlook their own burnout in efforts to support employees ; Think twice before cashing out a 401(k) to start your own business
- US gasoline prices increase ; Why Do Gas Prices Vary So Much, Even a Few Miles Apart?
- State Farm hiking auto rates again as driving creeps back up
- Are mortgage rates still at historic lows? ; Evictions are suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic. A Dallas mother of three was evicted anyway.
- This Tech Solution Helps Employers Manage Charitable Giving ; Donor-Advised Funds Channeled 30% More Dollars to Charities in First Half of 2020 ; Restaurant Week-plus means great food with a side of charitable giving
- Another year, another tax season ; 7 Questions to Ask to Strengthen Family Estate Plan
- Disaster Planning For Your Parents
- Tony Bennett has Alzheimer’s disease. How to cope with a life-changing diagnosis ; Bile acids may play previously unknown role in Parkinson’s ; Here Is How Women Can Slow Mental Decline
- Researchers Find New Anti-Aging Properties in Old Diabetes Drugs
- Could playing host to hookworms help prevent aging?
- Use of Long-Term Care Facilities for Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Students
- Using wearables to transform cancer care – and better equip clinicians ; As biometrics boom, who owns athletes’ data? It depends on the sport.
- Reducing Administrative Waste in the US Health Care System
- Medicare Advantage open enrollment underway ; Should a veteran using the VA enroll in Medicare Part B?
- Closing the Gap: Financial Literacy Initiative
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a 529 Plan ; What You Should Know About Education Savings Account ; Here’s a guide to how grandparents can help pay for college
- Improving Cybersecurity within Higher Education
- New WA data breach exposes personal info of 1.6 million people who applied for unemployment ; Is Biden’s $10B Enough to Make US Cybersecurity Great Again? ; 5 Things Every CEO Should Know About Cybersecurity ; Cybersecurity postures stronger than pre-pandemic for many
- Consumer Trends Serve As Blueprint For Innovation ; Payment wearables are getting a boost from the pandemic
- Investors May Be Speeding To 5G ; Is ethical risk getting the better of artificial intelligence?
- 15 Effective Ways HR Teams Can Leverage Big Data ; What Are the Industries That Benefit Most from Big Data?
- The Growing Risks of Digital Advertising, and How Brands are Fighting Back
- Bezos’ Departure as CEO Shows Amazon Is a Cloud Company Now ; What Could Unionized Amazon Workers Mean for Investors? ; Amazon will pay $61.7 million to settle claims it withheld tips from delivery workers
- Millennials’ Readiness for Retirement – A 2019 Update ; Retirement Could Be At Risk For People Of Color ; Getting Married After You Retire ; Here’s a New COVID-19 Nightmare, for You ; A New Idea for Fighting Climate Change: Retirement Plans! ; How much should doctors save at every life stage to retire?
- 403(b) Vs. 401(k): Which Is Better For Retirement? ; Teachers Receive Major Benefits Upgrade After Harmony School Board’s Unanimous Vote ; Rough spots on the 2021 road to retirement
- Uncovering hidden conflicts of interest for retirement plan advisors
- 3 Questions to Answer Before Crossing Into the Social Security End Zone
- IRS Approves Another Annuity Fee Payment Arrangement ; Another PEP Pops Up, This Time for CPAs in Massachusetts
- Penn will pay $13 million to settle class action lawsuit over excessive retirement plan fees ; 401k Plan Fee Class Actions on the Rise
- Public pension trends in 2020
- Progress Seen On Pensions
- CalPERS: lessons from CIO departure
- State pension cuts unfair to longtime employees
- County and city play leapfrog on pension progress
- Who dropped the ball on this controversial pension bill?
- Wisconsin Finds Owners of Lost Pensions
- Legislator Pensions Among Those Underfunded
- State pension fund returns soar amidst pandemic
- Florida lawmakers try again to cut new state workers off from pension plan
- Kemper cuts deep into its pension plan liabilities ; New York State Imposes ‘Unauthorized’ Insurer Penalty on AIG
- UK’s Sunak Set to Protect Pensioners With ‘Triple Lock’ Pledge
- Korean pensions likely keep up selling stocks regardless of retail scorn
- Choosing a retirement annuity: here’s what to consider
- Most DC pension schemes neglecting climate change, TPR warns
- Indians still waiting to recover from Covid-19 job loss
- Communicating benefit projections to members of retirement funds
- Two-thirds of disabled benefit claimants ‘go without essentials like food’ during Covid
- Beyond wads of cash: Financial inclusion for older women in the family ; Lower financial literacy for women is a problem that must be addressed ; Closing the Gap: Financial Literacy Initiative
- Small business payrolls improved in January ; Wall Street Mania Poised to Spur SEC Focus on Apps, Shorts, T+2 ; Fed’s Kaplan says he sees no ‘systemic’ worries with GameStop stock market mania ; Reddit Wallstreetbets Is NOT Pushing Silver ; Yields rise, curve steepens on fiscal stimulus push ; Fed Finds Race, Gender Disparities Cut US GDP by $2.6 Trillion ; The Risks of Too Much ‘Stimulus’
- US oil prices post highest finish in over a year ; Natural Gas Rally Continues Amid ‘Impressively Frigid’ Forecast
- New lockdowns edge consumer confidence to near-record low ; Hong Kong posts largest retail sales slump on record in 2020 ; New Zealand reports strong jobs data, ruling out prospects for further central bank rate cuts ; A GameStop-Like Mania Is Unlikely in China’s Stock Market – CoinDesk ; Italian economy shrinks 2.0% in Q4 2020, posts full-year GDP drop of 8.8%
- Sustainable Fund Assets Hit Record $1.7 Trln In 2020 – Morningstar ; SRI Fund Flows Hit Record in 2020: BoA Report ; Biden’s executive order on oil and gas drilling threatens ‘lifeblood’ of New Mexico economy ; After a Bruising Year, the Oil Industry Confronts a Diminished Future ; How Blockchain Is Helping Big Oil Optimize For A Carbon-Friendly Future ; A Growing Concern: Microplastic Pollution on Farm Fields ; Why companies need to get ahead of increasingly strict climate change regulations
- New paper examines the future of tokenisation in alternative investments ; Private equity prioritizes diversity and inclusion but progress is slow ; Hedge Funds Live to Fight Another Day After Reddit Mayhem ; Waters, Warren back probe of hedge funds’ role in GameStop ; GameStop frenzy has hedge fund managers rethinking next moves
- Cryptocurrency sees boost in popularity following GameStop Stock incident ; Private Eye Charged in Cryptocurrency Fraud Scheme in Brooklyn, Prosecutors Say ; Steven Seagal-promoted Bitcoiin2Gen charged over $11M scam ; Buying and Selling of Bitcoins Through Peer-to-Peer Transactions ; Crypto industry must keep scammers from stealing another $16 billion ; Why more corporations are adding cryptocurrency to their balance sheets
- What happens when all that rent comes due? ; REITs Down Slightly During a Tumultuous Week ; TikTok horrified by this West Village studio dubbed NYC’s ‘worst apartment’ ; Millennials are changing the luxury real estate market ; Amazon’s real estate footprint grew leaps and bounds in 2020