February 11, 2021 SUBSCRIBE
- It’s a good idea to plan for that baby bump in the road ; 54% of Americans say they have more emergency savings than credit card debt ; Stimulus Checks Not Used Right Away Still Help Economy
- ‘Big Short’ investor Michael Burry blasts trading apps, calls Robinhood a ‘dangerous casino’ ; Is Financial Planning a Profession? Does it Matter? ; Inside look: A Merrill Lynch investigation into broker cold-calling
- The Hidden Costs of Holding Concentrated Stock Positions ; Too embarrassed to ask: what is a hedge fund?; Retail Traders Are the New Lab Rats in High Frequency Trading Schemes ; Direct indexing looks set to disrupt the retail ETF market ; How to Earn More Than $2 Million Investing in S&P 500 Index Funds
- Fewer Households Fear Eviction, Foreclosure — But They’re Still in the Millions ; APR vs. interest rate for mortgages: Which matters more?
- New Gas Buddy study shows Americans are overspending on gas
- Expert addresses tax changes and extensions for 2020 returns ; Second Home vs. Investment Property: What Are The Tax Differences?
- Estate Planning for a Blended Family ; Estate Planning Considerations for Women After an Unprecedented Year ; Discussing Charitable Planning With Clients Who Are Not Philanthropic
- 9 pandemic trends that will stick around as part of our future routine
- National health care spending expected to fall in next 20 years
- COVID-19-Themed Attacks are Wake-Up Call in Healthcare
- Wearables an effective tool in tracking COVID-19: Study
- Medicaid Physician Fees Still Lag Medicare Payment Rates ; Medicaid enrollment soars as Americans lose jobs to pandemic: ‘I never thought I’d experience this’
- ‘Losing money is not a joke’: GameStop drama drives interest in financial literacy
- Refinancing Your Student Loans? You May Want To Wait. Here’s Why.
- 529 Plans: Should You Use Them For K-12 Education? ; Senate To Pass Legislation to Aid Students In Higher Education
- 10 Ways The NCAA Violates Core Values Of Higher Education
- Giving to Colleges and Universities Flattens in 2020
- Lye-poisoning attack in Florida shows cybersecurity gaps in water systems ; How Neurodiversity Can Strengthen Cybersecurity Defense ; Think tank plans to train state lawmakers in cybersecurity
- Federal Judge Sides with Chubb in Denial of Target’s Data Breach Bank Claims ; Washington state data breach prompts calls for new cybersecurity office ; Help is on the way for Vermonters caught up in data breach ; What you need to know about the effects of data breaches
- Robinhood legal scrutiny seen as fintech opportunity
- How Technology Is Rapidly Changing the Way Attorneys Practice Law
- Why Remote Work Doesn’t Have to Dilute Your Company’s Culture ; Most Salesforce Employees to Work Remotely at Least Part Time After Pandemic
- What to know about Apple’s new privacy “nutrition labels”
- What, Exactly, Is Amazon Web Services?
- 401k I need help and advice ; How Is Covid-19 Hurting Women’s Retirement Planning?
- How 10 Types of Retirement Income Get Taxed ; TSP investors overlooking a winner? ; How Will You Use Your TSP When You Retire? ; Aside from lower maintenance fees, I see little benefit to contributing to a TSP vs an IRA
- SECURE Act 2.0: Key Provisions Affecting Retirement Plans ; Retirement Benefits Moving Beyond Just a Retirement Plan
- What If a Participant Received a CRD After December 31?
- Having an IPS Doesn’t Necessarily Increase Plan Sponsor Liability ; DOL Provides (Informal, Non-Binding) Guidance on Missing Participants ; Universal Health Workers Urge Class Status In 401(k) Suit ; Mutual of Omaha’s $6.7 Million 401(k) Deal Clears Final Hurdle ; Land O’Lakes Still Facing 401(k) Fee Suit After Claims Trimmed
- House panel to weigh multiemployer pension reform bill ; The Covid Spend-O-Rama’s Multiemployer Pension Bailouts: Some Disappointed First Impressions
- Bradley commits to police pension
- Bills would increase funds for judges’ retirement system
- Riverside County’s pension liabilities high, but gap gradually closing
- Government pension deficit increases by 21%
- Pay down pension debt before taxpayer exodus makes the problem worse
- Defined contribution pension system an important task for government
- Australia Funds Embrace ESG More Than US Peers, Survey Shows
- Irish Examiner view: Move on pensions is merely kicking can down the road
- Apps-addicted Filipinos did not join GameStop stock frenzy; here’s why
- Is there still life in the annuities market?
- Retiring members need your help
- Is Italy warming up to robo-advisers?
- ’40 per cent of advisers lift fees to pension transfer clients’ ; Carillion scheme agrees £150m PPF+ buyout with L&G ; Mowlem pension fund heals risk with buyout deal
- Are you worried that the bubble might burst? ; News Sites Continue to Say GameStop Surge Over, But Redditors Won’t Relent ; This is why stock investors shouldn’t fear rising interest rates; Surging Inflation May Force Fed to Resort to Yield Curve-Control; The NYSE Isn’t Moving—Yet ; Survey finds small business confidence at 8-month low
- Oil extends rally to fresh 13-mth highs on tightening supply ; Fracking Ramps Back Up As Oil Becomes A Hot Commodity Again ; EIA lifts forecasts for US gas production, trims 2021 price estimates ; Solar outstrips natural gas in new US energy capacity
- Emerging market central bank rate cuts fade further in January ; Colombia Seeks to Raise at Least 1.5% of GDP With Fiscal Reform ; Virus May Have Cost UK GDP 260 Billion Pounds in 2020 ; Australian consumer sentiment swings higher in Feb -survey ; IMF urges Russia to cut interest rates in 2021 ; Brexit Threatens to Spoil UK Hospitality’s Post-Covid Recovery
- Socially responsible investing is poised to intersect with construction ; How 2020 Revealed the Staying Power of ESG Funds ; Nordea’s Entire $425 Billion Wealth Unit Is Going ESG ; ESG Investor? How Do You Allocate Between E, S, and G? ; Fossil fuel air pollution causes nearly 1 in 5 deaths worldwide each year, research shows ; EPA again orders Amazon to stop selling illegal pesticides ; Climate change and the role of central banks
- Flash Mob Meets Hedge Funds ; Hedge funds start the year by outperforming the global equity market led by distressed debt and event driven strategies ; Hedge Fund Founder Pleads Guilty to Neiman Marcus Bankruptcy Fraud
- Private Equity Firms ‘Try to Manipulate Their Performance’ When Raising Money ; Private Investors Can Help End Poverty. They Just Need to Think Small and Local.
- 5 reasons why bitcoin cryptocurrency prices are on the rise ; A Tesla for a bitcoin: Musk drives up cryptocurrency price with $1.5 bln purchase ; For Indian crypto industry, the devil lies in the definition ; Cryptocurrency is gaining popularity in Central Ohio as ATMs dot the metro area ; Bitcoin Correction Towards $40K Back in Focus as Rally Pauses
- REITs outperform unlisted real estate investments over 21 years: study ; The Power Balance Is Shifting in London’s Commercial Real Estate ; The 4 biggest challenges of innovating in real estate