December 17, 2020 SUBSCRIBE
- 1-in-4 workers’ finances have deteriorated due to COVID
- Millennials and Gen Z are the most likely to use mobile banking apps
- The Asset Manager Arms Race Has Only Just Begun ; Investors may continue to sell mutual funds unless there is correction in markets
- Shopping for a Home in 2021? Expect Inflated Home Prices ; With Interest Rates Historically Low, “Refis” Are on the Rise
- Governor extends small business tax deadlines
- Estate planning mistakes to avoid ; Keep Your Family Intact With Proper Estate Planning
- Acts of charity, giving back see uptick in 2020 ; How to be effective with your generosity in 2020
- Is 70 Really the New 60? ; Healthy aging goes beyond eating right, exercise ; LSU’s Pennington Research explores why exercise impacts people differently
- The master plan for aging addressing the graying of California
- Researchers discover drug that reverses mental decline, aging
- Looking for the Next Big Thing? It May Be Catering to Our Rapidly Aging Population.
- High Blood Pressure in Middle Age Can Harm Your Brain
- Making Sense of Medicare Prescription Drug Lists: What’s Covered? ; The Coming Crisis For The Medicare Trust Fund ; The Effects of Medicare Buy-In Policies for Older Adults on Health Insurance Coverage and Healthcare Spending
- Interest is lively at deadline for HealthCare.gov sign-ups ; Securing Healthcare to Achieve Cyberpeace
- Virginia’s healthcare workers start receiving vaccinations ; Private medical offices urging patience during coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Financial Literacy Is More Essential Than Ever ; ‘Damning’: Why school banking programs ‘failed’ ASIC’s financial literacy test
- What’s the best way for a grandparent to set up a 529 plan? ; How To Use A 529 Plan For Graduate School
- How can I lower my student loan interest rate?
- Ten Observations on COVID-19 and Higher Ed ; Endowment Spending: Should You Change Your Policy Now?
- Amazon, TikTok, Facebook, Others Ordered To Explain What They Do With User Data ; Twitter fined ~$550k over a data breach in Ireland’s first major GDPR decision
- DC trade association assesses state governments’ cybersecurity readiness ; 2020 was a disaster, but the pandemic put security in the spotlight ; US orders emergency action after huge cyber security breach
- Party’s Over: A Maturing FinTech Industry Faces Its Reckoning
- Paper Shows Positive Impacts of Rural Broadband on Farm Productivity
- SPACs could fuel next round of digital media wars
- Google dominates thanks to an unrivaled view of the web
- Will crowdfunding ultimately replace traditional angel, seed round venture capital?
- I started saving for retirement when I was 24, and I’d recommend just about anyone do the same for2 reasons ; A Happier Retirement Could Be Yours if You Do These Things ; Don’t Let Your 401(k) Go Solo – Your Retirement Needs Backup Investments ; 3 signs you can’t afford to retire, even if you’ve been saving for years
- How A Rollover IRA Can Improve An Old Retirement Account ; Fixed Annuity may be good option in uncertain market ; Why Annuities in this Low Rate Environment
- Beyond 2020: Reshaping your DC plan ; Good news: Suspended 401 (k) matches are being restored ; Defaulting 401(k) Plan Borrowers in the Time of COVID ; Plan Design Decisions Can Reduce Overconcentration in Company Stock
- The ‘Terror’ of 401(k) Litigation ; Labor Department Finishes Fiduciary Rule for Retirement Plans
- COVID-19 Having Major Impact on Pensions ; Multiemployer pension reform not happening this year
- Center for Retirement Research: Public pension plans should avoid investing based on social and environmental movements
- Peoria pensions causing police, fire layoffs as property tax hike sought
- Northam to spend $100 million to reduce teacher retirement liabilities
- Stock Market Gains Help Pension Funding Levels: Pension and Group Annuity Update
- Bill for public sector pensions surges to €150bn
- Canada’s Largest Pension Says Inflation Could Rise in Rebound
- Pension scheme Nest to ramp up green energy and buildings investments
- Employers offering wills, estate planning tools amid pandemic
- How will the FCA’s crypto ban fare after the bitcoin boom?
- BBC presses play on $4 billion longevity swap
- Mood of the Consumer survey finds decline in household savings due to Covid-19
- US Stocks Rise as Investors Track Stimulus Talks ; Gold jumps over 1% as surging virus cases renew stimulus hopes
- Some small business owners remain confident entering final stretch of holiday shopping season ; Powering Small Business Through The Pandemic ; December retail sales to be muted amid shutdowns and earlier holiday purchasing ; Are Delivery Apps Hurting Restaurants or Helping Them?
- Drivers traveling for Christmas will find cheapest gas prices in five years, according to this survey ; Oil settles at a more than 9-month high on vaccine optimism, US stimulus hopes ; Natural Gas Pull Back But Show Strength
- EU faces Franco-Dutch call for rules to stop ‘greenwashing’ ; Can Organic Farming Solve the Climate Crisis?
- Fed joins group of central banks fighting climate change ; Irish consumer sentiment rises strongly for second straight month ; Morocco’s central bank holds benchmark interest rate steady at 1.5% ; UK and EU Prolong Negotiations to Avoid Brutal, No-Deal Brexit ; Japanese stimulus to give GDP boost, fiscal reform in need
- Widening the deal aperture in private markets
- Hedge Funds That Don’t Actually Hedge Are Killing It This Year ; How global macro hedge funds can capitalise on the “looming” economic normalisation ; FCA fines and prohibits hedge fund CIO for market abuse
- How the SPAC Boom Could Spill Over Into Private Equity ; Russian hacks weigh on private equity’s software investments
- Everything You Need To Know About Cryptocurrency’s Next Big Thing: Decentralized Finance ; Why Are Crypto Businesses Interested in Becoming Banks? ; From Fake Coins To Ponzi Schemes: India’s Crypto Scams Once Again In The Limelight ; Crypto Firm Co-Founder Gets Year in Prison Over Debit Card Scam
- How 2020 Has Reshaped Residential Real Estate In The Colorado Mountains ; Commercial real estate’s looming distress problem
- Guernsey Finance issues guidance on ESG investing for family offices