February 7, 2021 SUBSCRIBE
- Two-thirds of Americans sat tight financially during pandemic ; Why Women’s Job Confidence Is Much Lower Than Men’s In Pandemic Economy ;How Much Life Insurance Do You Need? ; Financial Focus: Children with special needs require special planning
- Is a balance transfer a good idea? ; Investing Blog Roundup: It’s OK to Build Wealth Slowly
- A Bubble Is Inflating. Where Can Investors Hide? ; ETFs prove resilient under increased volatility from day trading community ; I asked my portfolio manager to explain why he believes the portfolio he created for me is a better strategy than index funds.
- Farm bankruptcies during 2020 ; Small-business jobs are slow to return ; COVID-19 didn’t crush all small businesses. A look at who’s thriving and who’s surviving
- Retail gasoline prices have climbed back to pre-pandemic levels, but aren’t done climbing yet
- How Are Rental Properties Taxed? ; Educators can write off $250 of COVID supplies on their 2020 taxes ; Rethinking Retirement: How taxes impact retirement
- 2021 could be the year of estate planning
- How Financial Advisors Can Help Families Navigate Alzheimer’s ; Answers for the Growing Concern of Geriatric Mental Health
- How Are “Super-Agers” Protected From Alzheimer’s And Mental Decline? ; Oklahoma researchers study drug that could reverse aging without exercise
- The Career Pivot: How Leapers and Planners Do It
- Healthcare employment falls for the first time since last April
- Private Equity Will Drive Hospitality Liquidity in 2021
- COVID-19 Claims Seep Into More Insurers’ Earnings
- Letters: No, Medicare Advantage for All isn’t the answer ; 4 reasons we need digital health to improve care coordination for Medicaid
- High school students need financial literacy courses, Kimball students tell senators
- Higher Education Professors Still Waiting For COVID Vaccine ; Kansas higher education institutions are vulnerable, and structure could tumble. It would be brutal. ; Education Groups Ask Pritzker To Expand Vaccine Eligibility To Higher Ed. Employees ; A GAO Report Prompts Scrutiny of For-profit College Conversions
- Sophisticated cybersecurity threats demand collaborative, global response ; N. Korea targeted cybersecurity researchers using hacking, espionage ; The Eleventh US Circuit Weighs in on Data Breach Standing Issues ; Nervous about hackers? Here’s what to do after a data breach
- How Fintech Can Help Streamline Your Company’s Financial Operations
- Amazon’s Retail Side Won’t Be a Side Hustle ; Amazon partners with the US government to stop the sale of counterfeit Super Bowl merchandise
- Online Trading Apps Attract Regulator’s Scrutiny After Robinhood Binge ; 19 TikToks That Taught Me More About Money Than School Ever Did
- How Do I Get Over My E-Mail Anxiety?
- Actions to Address Retirement Savings Shortfalls for Military Spouses ; Millennials Need to Save Extra if They Want to Retire Like Their Parents and Grandparents ; How to Boost Your Retirement When Social Security Only Covers 40%
- Are your 401(k) funds banding together to drive up the price of… breakfast cereal? ; Switched Jobs in 2020 – Total 401k Contribution ($57,000) Limits? ; How Many Retirement Accounts Can You Have? ; Employer Switched to Empower, should I reallocate my balance?
- Don’t cash out your 401(k) because you hate your job ; Acorns Vs Betterment IRAs – Which is Better ; The Majority of Employers Don’t Reach Out to Retirees ; Full Disclosure Required: Lifetime Income Estimates on Defined Contribution Plan Benefit Statements
- More Plan Sponsors Executing Financial Wellness Programs ; Provider Choice Shown to Help K-12 Employees Save More for Retirement
- DOL Offers Guidance to Reduce Missing Participants in Benefit Plans ; ARA Pushes Back on Proposed NY Stock Transaction Tax ; Conspiracy Theories Can Lead To Irrational Financial Decisions, Advisor Says
- Private-Sector Pensions Start 2021 With Good News ; Public Pensions Increasingly Rely on Investment Earnings
- Pension bonds get approval
- Senate bill would end Florida’s state pension option for new employees
- How some Pa. lawmakers score a ‘golden parachute’ to pad their pensions
- Kentucky House passes bill creating hybrid pension plan for future teachers
- Mondelez sweetens pension plans with $236 million contribution ; Dow to put $300 million in pension plans this year
- Pensions comparison site in slow start
- Osun governor approves N708 million for pension
- Far-reaching Reforms of NHS Pension Scheme Ruled Out
- Budget 2021: Sovereign, pension funds get further boost to invest in infra
- US economy adds 49K jobs in rebound from COVID-fueled loss ; Optimism Overtakes Everything in Markets Even as Recovery Stalls ; Volatile trading drives short-and long-term yields apart to milestone levels
- Oil hits highest level in one year, posts best week since October ; OPEC, Russia eating US lunch as oil demand soars ; US Natural Gas Rig Count Up Four as Domestic Drilling Total Rises Again
- Central Banks Edge Toward Money’s Next Frontier in Digital World ; Indian shares hit record highs ahead of central bank rate decision ; Indonesia’s economy suffers first full-year slump in over two decades in 2020 ; What does Brexit mean for golfers traveling to Great Britain?
- ESG funds defy havoc to ratchet huge inflows ; 10 sustainability and social impact trends that we’re watching; South Korea unveils $43 billion plan for world’s largest offshore wind farm ; Renewable fuels accounted for almost $4 billion in Iowa’s GDP in 2020, report shows ; The Environmental Upside of Modern Farming ; Bitcoin Is Protecting Human Rights Around the World
- Alternative investments are on the rise…. ; This One Rivals Madoff: $1.8B Ponzi Scheme Victimizes Hundreds Of NJ Investors, Authorities Say
- Global private equity and venture capital hit a new high in 2020 ; Two new efforts push to help a wider pool of people invest directly in venture funds ; Hedge Funds Always Win ; Death Threats and Hate Force Hedge Funds to Step Up Security
- Nigeria Central Bank Orders Cryptocurrency Accounts to Close ; Australian cryptocurrency arbitrageur convicted in nearly $90 million scam ; Bitcoin Buzz! Is It Too Late to Get In?
- REITs start year with flat performance in January; Will Retail REITs Rebound in 2021? ; Silicon Valley is touted as hot office market after coronavirus ebbs: real estate report ; What is a data center REIT?
- There’s a new role for family offices in driving impact innovation