October 31, 2020 SUBSCRIBE
- Millions of Americans plan to move to more affordable areas amid pandemic ; Assessing the Latest Market Jitters ; What’s Next for the Unluckiest Generation? ; Lessons from the Pandemic Encourage Long-Term Planning
- How smartphones influenced our financial habits ; Digital DIY drawdown isn’t progress
- Finding a better model for a financial planning program ; It’s legal to give bad financial advice. New SEC protections may not help much ; FDIC, SIPC: Who’s Protecting Your Assets?
- Data Confirm the Rapid Ascent of Active ETFs
- Mortgage rates remain near record low amid stock market turbulence ; With ARM rates falling below fixed mortgages, are adjustables making a comeback?
- 2021 Tax Brackets and Other Tax Changes
- Demystifying The Estate Plan ; Five steps to pass the farm to the next generation ; Charitable Giving Rebounds in the Second Quarter of 2020
- Mayo Clinic’s advice on living your best retirement life ; Learning about early retirement benefits
- How much should you help your adult kids in their job search?
- Staying Active as You Age Not a Guarantee Against Dementia ; Study highlights link between depressive symptoms and stroke risk
- Health-care workers file lawsuit against OSHA, accusing agency of failing to keep them safe
- Over Half of Patients Worried About Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Costs
- Moderna rakes in $1.1B on coronavirus vaccine orders ; COVID-19 Hastens America’s Reckoning with Rural Healthcare
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens healthcare system ; Protecting the healthcare industry from cyber threats
- The Stability and Predictive Power of Financial Literacy: Evidence From Longitudinal Data ; Advisors to interview children for ‘fresh perspective’ on finance ; Financial advisors: critical partners in education and planning
- Did you vote on your school district’s budget this year? Report says you weren’t alone ; An endowment adviser’s take on the ‘double whammy’ facing colleges and universities
- Labor Department readies cybersecurity guidance package ; Securities Fraud Litigation in Wake of Data Breach ; Triple Data Breach Earns Insurer $1m Fine
- Amazon scores record sales for any three-month period ever
- The Future of Farming is Autonomous
- How Blockchain Can Save Us From Digital Overload
- Netflix increases prices in US after wave of pandemic subscription additions, stock jumps
- New study shows trust levels in artificial intelligence predicted, boosted by people’s relationship style ; How the Army plans to revolutionize tanks with artificial intelligence
- Retirement System Urgently Needs Fixing ; How to save big in retirement ; How to Help Your Loved Ones Maximize Your Federal Benefits ; Trying to find the most tax-friendly place to retire?
- Multi-Manager: A Better Fit for Retirement Investors
- Why Advisors Are Learning to Love Annuities ; Can Fixed and Variable Annuities Go Together?
- COLAs in the Time of COVID-19 ; Neal and Brady Introduce Retirement Legislation ; DOL ERISA Enforcement Results Increase From Previous Year ;Former EBSA chief touts recent proposals on ESG, fiduciary advice
- Lowe’s, Aon Hewitt Agree to 250000-Person Class in 401(k) Suit
- State pension liabilities drop for fourth year in a row – Fitch
- Pension perk for California telemedicine doctors is improper and costly, audit says
- Whatever Happened To Illinois’ Plan To Fund Pensions With Asset Sales? Not Much, It Turns Out. ; What the heck is going on at the Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund?
- National City considers issuing pension obligation bonds
- Manhattan Beach City Council weighs $91.5 million bond to pay retirement costs
- For the first time, state board strips pension of a former State Police trooper convicted in fraud scandal
- The Benefits of Pension Risk Transfer
- Canadian DB pension plans gained in Q3, says RBC report
- What Do Japanese Corporate Pension Funds Want?
- Teachers’ union, province agree to pension plan review
- A flat-tax scheme is luring the wealthy to Italy
- These 11 Horror Stories Will Get You ‘Woke’ About Your Personal Finance
- How an avalanche of fraud buried a small business relief program ; GDP numbers show economy recovering from devastating pandemic losses ; Just Days Before Election, Consumer Confidence Data Shows Big Spending, Covid-19 Worries ;Money Fund Assets Fall for 12th Week in a Row ; Why COVID-19 whiplash won’t last and the S&P 500 will be 13% higher by June, from UBS
- Oil prices fall sharply on renewed coronavirus restrictions ; EIA data show weekly US natural-gas supplies up less than expected ; The Future of Natural Gas: Balancing Economics and Climate Change
- Climate-conscious venture capitalists are back ; Central banks flex their green muscle for climate fight ; How to Build Back Greener After the Pandemic ; Sustainable investment driven by active engagement, stewardship – study ; BlackRock wants global standards for sustainability reporting
- Central Banks Sell Gold for First Time in Decade as Virus Bites ; Sovereign funds seek to raise debt and equity as pandemic strains state budgets ; Ant IPO Promises $8 Billion Gain for Elite Group of Foreign Investors ; Consumer confidence lifts on back of housing boom
- A new breed of alternative investments
- Hedge Funds’ SEC Reporting Loss Is Actually a Win ; How consumer data provider Yodlee can help bolster hedge funds’ portfolio-building process ; Crypto hedge funds rack up steep gains on lending surge
- Private Equity Is ‘Loading Up’ On REITs, Plus 2 Top Picks ; Two deals signal a rebound for private equity
- Bitcoin And PayPal Have Made Headlines, But What About Other Crypto Trends? ; Coinbase Launches Cryptocurrency Visa Card in the US ; Iran Amends Law to Allow Imports to Be Funded With Cryptocurrency ; Why India’s crypto industry needs regulatory clarity more than ever ; Will they or won’t they? Central banks eye each other’s digital currency moves
- To REIT or Not To REIT? ; Is real estate heading towards a virtual revolution?