October 31, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES, CHARITY & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Those Fed cuts are adding up. Here’s how lower interest rates affect credit card, mortgage and savings rates
- Not everyone can afford financial literacy ; Student Access is a Top Priority for Philanthropists Who Give to Higher Education
- These Are Retirement Numbers All Couples Should Plan On, But Don’t ; Home improvements to help sell your house before you retire
- Organizations Misunderstand Value of Employees with Disabilities ; Millennials in these industries find their work most meaningful
- Charitable giving rates still haven’t recovered from the Great Recession ; Where there’s a will isn’t always the way!
- The Future Is Now If Insurers Want To Land Millennial Clients ; What you need to know about annuities ; Regulator: Annuity Sales Regs Are Going Great In 49 States
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Biased Algorithms Affect Healthcare for Millions
- The Role of Private Equity in Driving Up Health Care Prices ; Facebook wants to get into healthcare. What could possibly go wrong?
TECH, MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Walmart and Green Dot to jointly establish a new fintech accelerator, Tailfin Labs
- Apple Pay in EU antitrust spotlight as regulators seek details
- Is the US losing the artificial intelligence arms race?
- Tech and Manufacturing Look Ready to Trade Places ; Google joins in Amazon’s spending spree, but to a lesser degree ; Uber, Lyft, DoorDash unveil ballot measure to fight California gig economy law
- Fitbit’s New Subscription Push
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS & LITIGATION
- Are Gen X ‘guinea pigs’ on track with saving?
- Participant Views on Retirement Plan Loans Can Inform Benefit Decisions
- Small-business owners struggle to communicate 401(k)’s benefits
- How Best to Annuitize Defined Contribution Assets?
- How Do Group Dynamics Affect Plan Governance?
- Federal Retirement Thrift weighs TSP China investment as pressure mounts
- SEC probes retirement plans for teachers, government workers ; Solicitor general backs participant in Intel Supreme Court case ; Goldman Sachs sued for ‘unlawful’ 401(k) management ; Greystar Scores Arbitration in Would-Be Class Suit Over 401(k)
- ESG Funding Skyrocketed in 2018
- Where public pension funding went awry
- Lawmakers must vote to consolidate police and firefighter pensions
- Taking a Peek Inside Los Angeles’s $60B Pension Fund
- Experts to Chicago teachers union: Changing up pensions could feel like a raise
- More pensions deploying defensive equity strategies to LDI risk sleeve
- Federal District Court Dismisses Pension Actuarial Equivalence Lawsuit
- Serbia to increase public sector wages, pensions this year and next
- Canadian DB plans’ returns tick up in third quarter – report
- Britons put planet before profit in their personal savings and expect more action from pension funds and banks
- Save £800 a month to afford ‘moderate’ retirement
- US: CB Consumer Confidence Index fell to 125.9 in October vs. 128 expected ; US economy likely lost further ground in third quarter
- Stock market should surge to a new record in November, if history is any guide ; Even the Quants Are Wary of the Stock Market
- No slowdown in sight: Investors are swapping defensive stocks for cyclicals
- The Oil Age Is Coming to a Close ; Oil markets could face oversupply in 2020, the IEA says ; Natural-Gas Prices Jump as Producers Promise Restraint
- ESG bucks trend of declining growth among world’s largest asset managers ; Central Banks Could Play a Role in Tackling Climate Change
- Brexit Delay Sends Thousands of Commemorative Coins to the Scrap Heap
- Hedge Funds Keep Losing Assets — But Hiring Fundraisers ; Hedge funds see 6th consecutive quarter of outflows
- Secondary liquidity could transform private equity ; Private Equity Titans Quietly Discover How to Get Richer
- The Second Coming of Crypto ; Libra threat has central banks eyeing faster payments
- Denmark’s $450 Billion Pension Market Is Piling Into Real Estate
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 600,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.