- New bill would require personal finance to be taught in school ; New program pays SC teachers to learn how to teach financial literacy
- Retiree Living Standards, Ranked by State ; ‘Retirement’ Might Be At An End – But Aging And Infirmity Are Not ; The End of Retirement ;Cognitive Decline Shouldn’t Derail Retirement Planning. Here Are Some Tips to Prepare Your Finances. ;If You Retire on Social Security Alone, This Is the Income You’ll Be Facing
- What return on equities should retirees assume? ;Americans lose $17 billion annually by getting bad advice. Here’s how to avoid mistakes ; Are advisors overpaid? ; Robo-advisory platforms: road bumps and silver liningsThis IRS service has saved Americans $1.7 billion. So why have so few people used it? ; US Consumers Growing Less Supportive Of Tax-The-Rich PlansCryptocurrency Emerges As The Main Cause For Financial Fraud ; Valic Says It Pays for Client ReferralsCyber Security: How To Protect Your Assets
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Before You Retire? ; Leaving your home to a family member? Consider these options
- The dark side of higher education: student loan debt
- How Technology, Well-Curated Community Networks Are Connecting Healthcare and Social Care
- The government recovered $3B in fraud last year. Nearly 90% was from healthcare ; A billion medical images are exposed online, as doctors ignore warnings
- Defining Success in Healthcare
- Trends to look for in patient engagement in 2020 ; ‘Hotspotting’ in healthcare has little to no effect on patient outcomes ; Longer-Term HSA Holders Maximize Benefits for the Future
- Opponents to Supreme Court: No rush to take pivotal ACA case ; Hedge Fund Trader Fined Over Illegal Tips on HCA Healthcare
- Responding to future healthcare challenges in UK
- Evolving Relationship Between Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Are We More Secure In 2020 Than In 2010? Summarizing a Decade of Cybersecurity; 14 Effective Tips For Creating and Sustaining Strong Cybersecurity Teams
- Man jailed for using data breach info leaks to claim over $12 million in IRS tax refunds
- Average 401k Savings Rate, Roth 401k Participation Hit New Highs ; DC plans to look more like pension plans by 2025 – report
- Do TDF Characteristics Impact Default Acceptance?
- Transferring retirement assets takes a little time
- Delaware attorney general secures relief for 20 teachers affected by retirement accounts ; Chemical Distributor’s US DC Plan Subject of Excessive Fee Suit
- SECURE Act doesn’t insulate annuities in 401(k)s from a fiduciary standard ; Four Major Highlights Of The SECURE Act ; The biggest downside to America’s sweeping new retirement law ; New Law Aims To Help Americans Without Retirement Plans. Will It Work?
- Most DB Plans Saw Little Funded Improvement in 2019 ; Musicians’ Pension Fund Applies for Benefits Cut
- San Diego pension debt climbs past $3B for first time
- Task force wants to break pensions’ COLA promise
- Oregon’s public pension fund had a solid year, just in time
- NC Treasurer Dale Folwell discusses state’s pension plan
- Ohio’s largest pension system looks to scale back health care costs
- Investors Give Nod to Worst-Rated Illinois With Revenue Growing; Illinois economy grew slowly in 3rd quarter 2019
- She says her pension should be bigger. CalPERS says she was a bad boss ; Man charged with collecting late father’s police pension
- Officials Suggest China’s Pension System Can Take On More Risk ; China Pension Fund Looks Abroad for Investment Opportunities
- Government pensions: What Montrealers can expect and when ; OMERS new chief sees Canada pensions as ‘envy of the world’
- Ex-Accountant Fined For Lying Over Pensions Duties
- Nine in ten UK consumers struggle with financial literacy
- Macron Scraps Proposal to Raise Retirement Age in France
- Thousands set to be worse off as Government to cut state pensions ; Britain’s biggest local government pensions ditch hedge funds for wind farms
- US Adds 145K Jobs In December, Wage And Labor Market Gains Consistent With Fed’s Outlook ; 2020 Jobs Look Clear To Q4, But Economy Lower Overall
- The Trump Market Thunders On; Dow hits 29000 – four experts weigh in on what comes next ;Should stock-market investors start worrying about inflation?
- Earnings Are Set to Drop Again. Investors Seem Fine With That
- Oil And Gas Discoveries Hit Four-Year High In 2019 As Capital Spending Set To Pick Up ; Recession Fears Cap Oil Prices In 2020
- ESG Advent Leaves Coal Assets – And Investors – Stranded ; Sustainability investing takes off in Southeast Asia ; New York State Common adds sustainable investments, climate solutions director ; California Gov. Newsom plans $1 billion to invest in green businesses
- Passive Index Investment Now Somewhere Near $20 Trillion ; People Are Worried About Index Funds; Here are the six ETF themes that will drive gains in 2020, industry leaders say
- Brexit Cost After ‘Boris Bounce’ Is Still $260 Billion ; Bank of England interest rate setter hints at cut if UK economy suffers Brexit hit
- CalPERS considers direct lending as alternative to equities
- Hedge Funds Deliver Biggest Gains in a Decade ; World’s largest hedge fund crushed by average investors in 2019 ; Hedge Funds Trail 2019 Rally Despite Decade’s Best Stock Picking
- Private Equity Fundraising Set Record in 2019: PitchBook ; Private-equity firms are awash in cash. Now what?
- As Bitcoin Struggles, This Minor Cryptocurrency Is Up Almost 500% Over The Past 12 Months ; SEC Charges San Diego Investor with Running Crypto Mining Scam
- Survey: US Economy and Real Estate Market Not Ready to Retire ;The most popular features in real estate listings ; REITs: Why Investors Select Private Real Estate Instead
- China’s billionaires rush to adopt family offices to preserve wealth
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder for The Morning Pulse, Inc and lead anchor for the Broadcast Retirement Network Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice on retirement, personal finance and related issues, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets.
ABOUT THE BROADCAST RETIREMENT NETWORK
The Broadcast Retirement Network (BRN) is the first lifestyle media platform focused on helping Americans achieve financial independence and to make retirement and savings culturally relevant. The content is informative and engages the viewer. Most importantly – No agendas, no sales pitches, no product pushes.
Our morning show, BRN AM, provides an assessment of daily issues so that Americans can create a plan of action for themselves and their families. BRN AM focuses on delivering headline news via brief interviews with real Americans working toward their financial goals.
Unlike financial shows which prioritize institutional investment managers and public policy organizations, BRN AM is a lifestyle show that brings the stories and ideas of regular Americans to the forefront. We engage with a range of topics pertaining to retirement, focusing individual episodes on personal finance, healthcare, social security, home-ownership and so on to provide viewers with the full picture regarding the future of financial security in America.