#PERSONALFINANCE #SAVINGS #COLLEGESAVINGS #529 #LIFEINSURANCE #SOCIALSECURITY #ROBOADVISOR
- Wisconsin US Senate race: Kevin Nicholson floats mean-testing and raising age for Social Security; New paid parental leave proposal would tap Social Security benefits; There are 37 states that don’t tax Social Security benefits
- These 3 big surprises can derail your retirement; Worried you’re going to retire broke? Help could be closer than you think
- 5 Types of Homes to Consider for Retirement
- Boomers’ Employment Options Improving
- How to help your adult child without crippling your retirement savings
- COMMENTARY: A New Study on Giving in Retirement
- Avoiding probate by making child co-owner of account not advisable
- Will Your Next Auto Repair Drive You Into Debt?
- Transferring annuities to IRA makes perfect sense
- A look at the United States by burglaries
#401k #403b #457 #STABLEVALUE #ERISA #ADVISOR
- Living on Easy Street in Retirement? EBRI Study Reveals Shaky Sense of Confidence
- The Dangers of Putting Your 401(k) on Autopilot
- Cash Incentives Boost Financial Wellness Program Performance
- 3 ways advisers should prepare for ESG conversations with 401(k) clients
- The NYSE’s Owner Wants to Bring Bitcoin to Your 401(k). Are Crypto Credit Cards Next?
- Fidelity Index Fund Fee Cuts Reflect New Industry Realities ; Fidelity’s No-Fee Funds Unleash the Power of Free; Fidelity’s zero-cost funds raise issues for 401(k) advisers
- Appeals court upholds dismissal of Wells Fargo 401(k) lawsuit
- St. Louis’ Schlichter suffers rare loss at hands of NYU
#PENSIONS #DEFINEDBENEFIT #ACTUARIAL
- AT&T Overpaid Some Pensioners. Now It Wants the Money Back.
- Lawsuit Challenges Benefit Cuts Under the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act
- Nearly One Third of Pensions Within Striking Distance of a Buyout
- State Supreme Court sides with union over San Diego pensions
- Michigan Catching Up On State Employee Pension Debt
- Pennsylvania Pension Panel Looks to Cut Investment Managers’ Fees
- Borrowing billions to lower Chicago’s pension debt? Emanuel’s finance team is considering it.
- Vermont’s ballooning pension debt threatens state’s financial future
- Candidates differ on state pensions
- Walnut Creek and three other cities dissolve joint staffing agency in wake of state audit
- EDITORIAL: Why government workers should agitate for public pension reforms; Public Pensions Are a Disaster. Here’s a Fair Solution
- Eric Garcetti’s Pension Tsunami: What, Me Worry?
- Date with destiny? Schemes mull ‘Brexit day’ valuations
- Disconnect between fees and performance in focus as Australian pension funds face inquiry
#HEALTHCARE #HSA, #MEDICARE #MEDICAID
- HealthCare.gov Should Say How It’s Using Insurers’ Cash: AHIP
- Healthcare M&A remains hot, but value fell in Q2
- Organizations lack cyber security experts to fight data threats; The Government says My Health Record data is safe, but how is a privacy breach defined anyway?
- 7000 patient records from Women’s and Children’s hospital exposed online in embedded data
- What advisors need to know about helping clients open HSAs
- Why Religious Health Care Restrictions Often Take Patients By Surprise
#TECH #ARTIFICIALINTELLIGENCE #CYBERSECURITY #BLOCKCHAIN #DATABREACH #OTT #CUTTHECORD
- A decade later, Yale discovers major data breach
- Six Biggest Recent Data Breaches You’ve Probably Been Affected By
- Treasury intervention could give more help to data breach victims
- Comcast will let you watch Amazon Prime Video like a cable channel
- Through The Looking Glass Of Cybersecurity: What Does The Blockchain Look Like?
- Old-Money Billionaires Are Chasing New Tech Riches; How Tech Billionaires Hack Their Taxes With a Philanthropic Loophole
- Wearables are making the workplace safer
- G20 Crypto Regulations Could Unleash Real Blockchain Change
- Privacy concerns over Amazon plans for augmented reality goggles that track warehouse workers
#MARKETS #CENTRALBANKS #COMMODITIES #FEDERALRESERVE #FED #INTERESTRATES #ENDOWMENTS #ESG #MUTUALFUND #ETF #BREXIT
- US economy adds fewer jobs than expected in July; The Stock Market Is Shrinking. That’s a Problem for Everyone.
- Central bankers teeter on a tightrope towards normalisation
- Why Gasoline Prices Are Poised to Pull Back in the Weeks Ahead
- Oil Ticks Up to End a Volatile Week
- Commodities: Will Inflation Cause Prices To Soar?
- Market Update: Fund Flows And The Fed
- Investors move to cash, anticipating Democratic gains in US November elections
- Active Management Vs. Passive Investing: Why Wins?
- ETFs still gathering assets, but inflows slow as investors favor lower-cost funds
- Global Equities Confront Uncomfortable Truth
- Bank of England Raises Interest Rates Amid Brexit Worries
- China plans tariffs on $60 billion of US products
- University of Michigan Endowment May Change Investment Approval Process After Audit
#ALTERNATIVES #CRYPTOCURRENCY #HEDGEFUNDS #PRIVATEEQUITY #REALESTATE #REIT #INFRASTRUCTURE #VENTURECAPITAL #SMARTBETA #FAMILYOFFICES
- The Hidden Reason Why Hedge-Fund Returns Are at Risk; Hedge funds fight back against tech in the war for talent; Hedge Funds Unnerved by Trade War Cut Oil Bets to 2-Year Low
- Private equity chasing healthy returns at RIAs and broker-dealers; Private equity has cash to burn
- Google Trends Shows Interest In Bitcoin; Don’t Lose Your Cryptocurrency in Cyberspace; Cryptocurrency Has Set Us Back 300 Years: Krugman
- Buyers in expensive neighborhoods find more homes for sale; Cautious Signals From Real Estate
- The VC vice: Why some in the industry see venture cash as a mixed blessing
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder, CEO and Defined Contribution Practice Leader for The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the interview show Roads to Retirement developed in partnership with Oct28 Productions.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is a digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 85,000 industry professionals, senior executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news.