OCTOBER 22, 2018 SUBSCRIBE
After touching down in San Francisco, I set out on an adventure to uncover what Americans are thinking in terms of saving and planning for their financial futures. Using the back drop of Marin County and San Rafael, California, we meet Shawn, a striving artist and Will, a Menlo Park firefighter and EMT. Hear their stories. Tomorrow, on to The Haight.
To the Viewer:
Happy National Retirement Security Week!
I have spent over two decades of my adult life in the retirement services industry, first as a recordkeeper, then a technologist and most recently as an independent investment advisor and fiduciary consultant. Retirement to me has always been top of mind and, as I like to joke, I have been thinking about age 65 since I was 20 years old.
It has always been my mission to help educate Americans about gaining financial and personal independence, first with my professional work sitting in board and trustee meetings discussing retirement plans, then as the creator of my retirement news aggregator, The Morning Pulse and my podcast, The Weekly Pulse, and now as the host of the documentary series, Roads2Retirement. This series was born nearly twelve months ago in partnership with creative friends at Oct28 Productions. The people we meet and the stories we capture have given us a much broader perspective on the various financial paths Americans navigate on their way to retirement.
There is no one clear path to a successful retirement. My goal is to encourage every American to invest a little more time in planning for their futures. All of us are continually searching for new and better ways to strengthen our financial security. We hope these stories will help to pave your own personal road to retirement.
We look forward to having the opportunity to produce many full seasons of the show! Thank you for watching.
TOP SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS
- Going to college is costing less
- Blame your flat pay on ‘monopsony’
- Here’s how to retire in your 30s
- This retirement expense has hit $100000 annually — and it’s continuing to rise
- Investors, don’t lose sleep over the midterm elections
- When the stock market trembles, fight your fear and keep investing
- When It Comes to Savings, 30- and 40-Somethings Need a Wake-Up Call
- Winning the Mega Millions is sweeter in some states than others
- Hate Taxes? 37 States Make Social Security Tax Free
- Starting a retirement plan at age 50 with only a $30K salary? Success possible, if lucky
- Will Threats Between Saudi Arabia and the US Mean Higher Gas Prices for You?
401k 403b 457b NONQUALIFIED PLANS
- Do 401(k) Plans Need the High Fees, Complexity of Liquid Alts?
- SEC Commissioner Warns: A Retirement Crisis ‘Tsunami’ Is Approaching
- Retirement age? What retirement age?
- OMB Finishes Review of DOL Proposal to Establish Open MEPs
- DOL Not Giving Up on Fiduciary Rule
- Chevron’s Risky Choices Sunk Retirement Plan, 9th Circ. Told
- Blackrock, Fidelity employees and others sue over high fees on their own 401(k)s
- How Wall Street Drove Public Pensions Into Crisis and Pocketed Billions in Fees
- California Public Employees Vote Against Pension-Fund Activism
- Teamsters hoping for a save to keep union pensions from failing
- County pays down pension liability, saves nearly $30 million for taxpayers
- How will governor candidates tackle Illinois’ big pension problem?
- Pleasanton a model for confronting pension costs
- PBGC to Cover ‘Vast Majority’ of Sears Pension Benefits
- Trillo: He’d investigate Raimondo’s pension actions
- 5 companies that spent lavishly on stock buybacks while pension funding lagged
- UK Gov’t Backs Lawmakers’ Call For Flexible Pensions
- Jargon-free pensions statement criticised for leaving out fees
- Bulgarian seniors demand higher pensions
- Regulators join forces to stop millions from retiring with empty savings pot
- Croatians protest over government plan to raise retirement age
- HealthCare.gov system hack leaves 75000 individuals exposed
- Health Care Most Important Issue for Midterm Voters: Poll
- Do wearables have a role to play in precision medicine?
- How to figure out Medicare and choose the right plan
- Many of West Virginia’s health issues stem from cultural norm
TECH & SOCIAL MEDIA
- FAANG Investors Grow Nervous Amid Market’s Wild Swings
- Data Breaches Taking Slightly Longer To Detect, Study Finds
- Stop making data breaches about Google and Facebook — people are in real trouble
- How the Blockchain Could Break Big Tech’s Hold on AI
- Service members are getting catfished, blackmailed on dating apps by male prisoners posing as women, report says
- In Amazon’s Shadow, Walmart Bids for Its Share
- Facebook tentatively concludes spammers were behind recent data breach
- The Week Ahead – Monetary Policy and Geo-Politics to Influence, as Earnings Roll Out
- Treasury Yields Hammerlocked as Fed Optimism Meets Global Risks
- US Growth In Q3 To Guide Dollar
- Mortgage lenders cut jobs as Fed rate hikes hit home sales
- Oil climbs as Saudi isolation grows over missing regime critic
- There is a lot at stake in Harvard admissions lawsuit
- ICI Pushes Bills to Reform SIFI Process
- As Brexit Drags On, Investors Seek More Protection
- What to Watch in China GDP Report: Trade, Autos, Manufacturing
- Report: Alternative Investment Industry Will Hit $14 Trillion By 2023
- Hedge fund assets hit record high despite quarterly outflows — HFR report
- Private equity deals fail to keep up pre-crisis success
- Private equity-owned firms lower in credit quality – Moody’s
- The Bullies of Real Estate
- The family offices using venture capital to involve younger members
- Wealthy fear family offices not providing bespoke advice
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder, CEO for The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the podcast The Weekly Pulse and the original series Roads to Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE