Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, June 2, 2019
In this episode: (1) More reaction on the SECURE Act, (2) Catching up on financial literacy initiatives: a mock trading day for students, (3) work-life balance and a parental-leave lawsuit, (4) an Apple foldable phones and the Uber Q1 report, (5) free trade and the countdown to Tariffs, (6) the impact of the First American data breach on home buyers, (7) the pros and cons of annuities in retirement plans and (8) an update on the SEC’s Regulation Best Interest – the retirement version of Game of Thrones – and a plaintiff lawyer copies the #LegalEagles. This week’s special guest is The Pew Charitable Trusts‘ John Scott, Director of The Retirement Savings Project.
- The Morning Pulse Academy | Understanding Credit Card Terms
- TSP: Latest Facts and Figures
- Were Participants Shaken or Stirred in 2018?
- A warning to all 401(k) plan sponsors who assume too much
- Will Multiemployer Plans Solve the Small Business Retirement Gap? ; How The Secure Act Will Impact The Millennials And Gen Z’ers Retirement
- Supreme Court Denies Chevron Stable Value ERISA Litigation Review
- Aging Global Population Requires a Retirement Rethink
- Small Biz Warms Up to Retirement Plans
- Learning from Asset Managers’ Defined Contribution Plans
- Consolidating Competition Keeps Recordkeepers on Their Toes
- DOL Asked to Make Electronic Delivery of Retirement Plan Disclosures the Default ; Bipartisan Bill Paves the Way for Significant Retirement Plan Reforms ; Senate working to pass SECURE Act quickly
- Do Annuities And 401(k) Plans Mix? ; Annuity, Stretch IRA Provisions Spark SECURE Act Concerns
- Supreme Court to hear 401(k) stock-drop case
- Bipartisan bill aims to keep an eye on retirement plans
- May Markets Undermine Average 401(k) Gains ; May proves dismal for TSP performance
- Is Roth participation in DC plans being suppressed by record keepers? ; Wow, Did We Get a Lot of Questions About the Roth 401(k)
- SECURE Act: Key Changes for Plan Sponsors and Employers ; SECURE Act will give Main Street workers needed security; SECURE’s real purpose is not aimed at retirement but at annuity sales
- Jump in Hardship Withdrawals Tied to Bipartisan Budget Act
- Senators Booker, Young Reintroduce Federal Retirement Commission Act ; Federal employees soon will have more options to withdraw money from their retirement accounts
- Money Managers’ Own Plans Have Higher Balances, More Choices
- Supreme Court to consider taking on 2 retirement cases ; Supreme Court declines to review ruling dismissing Chevron fiduciary case ; 403(b) Participants Denied Second Attempt to Sue Georgetown University
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 400,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.