Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, May 26, 2019
In this episode: (1) The SECURE Act passes; our contributors weigh-in, (2) the Village of Arlington Heights, IL uses its budget surplus to increase the Village’s pension funding levels and help reduce future property tax increases, (3) Americans are still financially fragile, (4) Amazon Is Working on a Device That Can Read Human Emotions, (5) Tariff talks brings more volatility, (6) Healthcare startup uBiome is raided by the FBI and (7) the best new ideas in retirement. This week’s special guests from the Village of Arlington Heights are #Treasurer Tom Kuehne and #VillageManager Randy Recklaus.
- The Morning Pulse Academy | The Evolution of Defined Contribution Investment Options
- DC plans still slow on moving alts into lineups
- Target-date funds feel more pressure on already low fees
- Online providers filling a void for small-employer 401(k)s
- The House passed a bill that would allow more annuities in 401(k) plans — is that actually a good thing?
- Satisfaction with employer retirement plans in decline ; Hidden Value in TSP: Ultra Low Expenses Add Up
- Bill Reintroduced to Create Federal Retirement Commission ; New Bill Would Conduct the Largest Investigation of Private Pensions in 40 Years
- ABA urges Labor Department to propose electronic delivery rule ; Industry Officials Forecast DOL Fiduciary Rule’s Future
- Chevron Workers’ 401(k) Fee Challenge Won’t Get SCOTUS Review ; Schwab asking 9th Circuit to send 401(k) lawsuit to arbitration
- DC plan participants held steady in 2018 despite volatile markets
- Student Loan Payments Linked to 401ks
- DOL to revisit fiduciary rule by December ; House passes bill that would bring major changes to US retirement system; Lawmakers eyeing Open MEPs for 403(b) plans
- Judge OKs $8.75 Million Deal in Union Workers’ 401(k) Challenge ; $3.5M Settlement Approved in Eaton Vance 401(k) Case
- Maximizing Retirement Savings: More Nudging Required
- CITs are changing the retail 401(k) world
- Retirement bill ups savings levels and expands 401(k)s for small businesses
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 400,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.