Retirement Week in Review
FEBRUARY 23, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
- The Morning Pulse Academy: The Basics of Cryptocurrency
- The Weekly Pulse for Sunday, February 23, 2019 In this episode: (1) The #FinancialLiteracy of state and local government workers, (2) a public #pension #cryptocurrency allocation, (3) re-inventing the #401k #retirement structure?, (4) #CITs in #403b?, (5) Amazon decides against New York City and (6) smartphones ruining our relationships and other heart warming Valentine’s stories. This week’s special guest is Center for State and Local Government Excellence‘s Director of Research, Rivka Liss-Levinson, Ph.D.
- Lawmakers ask GAO to explore cybersecurity issues in defined contribution plans
- A Drop Off in Volatility in January Led to Scant Trading ; 401k Trading: Volatility’s Retreat or Eye of the Storm?
- How 5 US Presidents Continue to Influence Your Retirement Readiness Today ; Optimism sprouts over chances for retirement reforms
- More plans looking to hang on to assets of departing workers
- Key ERISA litigation trends to monitor in 2019
- Why the Tax Law May Induce Some People to Put More Money in 401(k)s ; Second Illinois policy group pushes to tax retirement, AARP pushes back
- Auto-portability boosts 401(k) plan results ; GAO Urges IRS To Clarify Policies On Unclaimed 401(k) Funds
- The TSP 30 Years on, Still Evolving
- US Supreme Court declines to hear appeal filed by USC in 403(b) case
- Franklin Templeton Inks $13.85M 401(k) Class Settlement
- Largest DC plan assets make up 15% of GDP; DB sit at 31%
- Phasing-in retirement can be good for employees and employers
- Better To Act BEFORE You Get Sued
- 403(b) plan participants drop ERISA lawsuit against Long Island University
- Did You Know California has a State Mandated Retirement Plan?
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder and Creator of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 200,000 industry professionals, private and public sector executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.