February 4, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
- The Weekly Pulse for Sunday, February 3, 2019 In this episode: (1) Retirement Income and Retirement Innovations like Artificial Intelligence, (2) Are soft skills in demand?, (3) Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need, (4) A Primer on The Fiduciary Standard, (5) Revolution: Venezuela and the shift from the Bolivar to Crypto Currency? and (6) 3 hour delays on the IRS hotline. This week’s special guest is Anne Ackerley, Head of Defined Contribution at BlackRock.
TOP SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS
- Retirement Dreams Don’t Match Reality
- Promotions Without a Raise Rise
- To Keep Employees, Cash Isn’t Enough
- A Stigmatized Skill We Need to Thrive
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- This is the median net worth by age — how do you compare?
- Q4 2018 Market Drop Did Not Deter 401(k) Participants
- Are We Able to Judge Financial Advisers? ; How Long Will Retirement Savings Last?
- Why retirement is no longer a time of relaxation and security
- Tips for Tapping Your Retirement Savings
- Annuities Pitched With a Free Dinner? Be Wary
- How to turn unwanted gift cards into cash
- Should Illinois students be required to pass a financial literacy class to graduate high school? ; Legislation would require teaching financial literacy in schools ; Financial Literacy Programs for Local Government Employees
- Which certificate of deposit (CD) account is best for you?
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Insurance Industry Poll Says 66% Support ‘Existing’ Healthcare System
- Financial sustainability in an uncertain health care economy
- States In Driver’s Seat On Healthcare Reform
- Eliminating Health Insurance Would Make Our Health Care Worse
- Expanding 3D Printing Network Aims To Improve US Veterans’ Health Care
- Will the Cadillac Tax Generate Revenue?
TECH & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Improving Cybersecurity Means Taking More Care with What We Digitize
- The mother of all data breaches is now three times bigger – 2 billion accounts exposed
- 5G networks could pose a cybersecurity risk. So who’s in charge of making sure they don’t?
- Are Data Hacks Pushing People Towards Secure Blockchain Identity Systems?
- US, China lead race for artificial intelligence patents: UN
- Amazon holiday sales were better than expected, produce $3 billion in profit
- More Google Employees Are Losing Faith in Their CEO’s Vision ; Facebook Is Done Apologizing
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS
- Can the Government Help You Save for Retirement?
- Ways & Means Sets Sights on Retirement Security Reform
- St. Louis’ Schlichter explains how retirement plans have changed since he challenged them ; Judge Wants More Information on Duke Settlement ; ERISA Stock Drop Lawsuit Filed Against Johnson and Johnson ; Anthem Workers Get Trial in 401(k) Fee Class Action ; 401(k) participant sues Stadion, United of Omaha alleging ERISA violations
- Public Pensions Pour More Money Into Private Equity
- Oregon lawmakers want to divert likely $700M ‘kicker’ rebate to pensions
- No, Pension Obligation Bonds Aren’t A Form Of “Refinancing”
- Can Gavin Newsom Save CalPERS? ; Governor Newsom and the CalPERS dilemma
- California pension funds losing tens of millions of dollars on PG&E ; This Giant Pension Sold All Its PG&E Stock Before the January Collapse
- Help Taxpayers and Protect Retirees by Rethinking Pensions in NYC
- Bill advances to boost police, firefighter pensions
- Red ink could force DeKalb to address pension woes
- Pittsburgh poised to pay interest on employee contributions to pension plans
- Gov. Murphy rejects ‘responsible contractor policy’ pension bill
- LA’s finances are ‘stable’ but pension costs loom, new report says
- CalSTRS votes to oppose statewide ban on public funds’ investments in private prisons
- New York Imposes $19.75 Million in Fines in Pension Risk Transfer Case
- Sherwin Williams to settle much of its overfunded pension plan
- US agency seeks approval to take over Sears pensions
- UK corporate pension funding gains in month, year
- EU proposes emergency measures for students, pensions, projects if UK crashes out
- Number of UK workplace DC plans falls 8% in 2018, Pensions Regulator finds
- Deficits in traditional company pension plans rise to €1.6bn
- Sweden to increase retirement age from next year
- World’s largest pension fund posts record quarterly loss
- Thousands of Spaniards protest for better pensions in Madrid
- Half of all Australians struggle with financial literacy. Are you one?
- Weighing The Week Ahead: Looking Beyond The ObviousFor the stock market, ‘bad news is good news’ again thanks to the Fed
- Worker pay and benefits rise at fastest pace in 11 years ; Here’s how the government shutdown will impact the jobs report
- Yield curve flattens after surge in US job growth
- Consumer Sentiment Hits the Lowest Level in More Than Two Years ; A Strong Warning To US Consumers…From US Consumers
- Central bank gold buying hits highest level in half a century
- Big oil ends 2019 strong despite oil price plunge
- What January US Gasoline Demand Says About The Economy
- University investments fare well in 2018, but worries linger
- Better data makes sustainable investing pay
- Brexit: Third of UK businesses considering move abroad – survey
- The Past Decade’s Best Alternative Investments ; Alternatives Make Up Majority of Family Office Portfolio
- Where Some of the World’s Top Hedge Funds Will Invest in 2019 ; Family offices increasing hedge fund allocations in 2019
- How to Fix Your Hedge Fund Portfolio ; Hedge fund creates the ultimate tax-free IRA for employees
- Public Pensions Pour More Money Into Private Equity
- 2018: Record year for venture capital deals with 14889 deals worth a total of $274bn
- Cryptocurrency Market Officially in Longest Bear Snooze in History – How Long Will it Last?
- When will the next cryptocurrency bull run occur? 8 expert opinions
- Family Office Operations: How Much Can Be Automated With AI?
- REITs: The Good, the Bad, and the Undervalued
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 200,000 industry professionals, private and public sector executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.