January 24, 2019 SUBSCRIBE
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Are Millennials More Financially Responsible Than We Thought?
- Johnston Students Happy About Financial Literacy Requirement
- Using financial apps to your benefit
- Is your money in safe hands? 4 questions to ask your financial advisor
- The Social Security crisis: what you can do to safeguard your retirement
- What’s Behind the War on Variable Annuities? ; MetLife Board Let Firm Withhold $500M in Annuities, Suit Says
- Investors, We Need to Talk About Your Cash
- Best rewards credit cards for each type of traveler
- 6 ways home sellers will need to shift their mindsets in 2019
- New standard deduction predicted to hurt local nonprofits beginning this year
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Mayor de Blasio Drafts City Workers to Push Health Care Programs ; Government healthcare is more expensive than private healthcare
- To control health care costs, call in the actuaries
- The Uninsured Rate Is The Highest It’s Been In 5 Years ; Medicare For All Looks Good In New Poll, But There’s A Big Asterisk
- Health care M&A: 2019 starts off with a bang
TECH & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Data breach reported in county payment system ; North Carolina Reintroduces Strict Data Breach Notification Law
- How Blockchain is Transforming the Future of Finance?
- Why Netflix Isn’t Worried About Rival Streaming Services
- Artificial Intelligence: Separating the Hype from Reality
- With Amazon’s Arrival, A New York Community Pushes To Be Included
- Verizon CEO sees 5G rollout spurring new uses for wireless
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS
- Study Suggests ‘Optimal’ Range of 401(k) Investment Categories
- Bill Provides Retirement Plan Withdrawal Relief for Employees Affected by Government Shutdown
- What type of fiduciary should retirement plan advisers be?
- A New ‘Presumption’ of Prudence ; Silver State Fiduciary Reg Skips Over ERISA Exemption ; Maryland Seeks To Place Brokers, Agents Under A ‘Fiduciary’ Standard ; 5 Retirement Proposals to Watch in Washington
- IBM Denied Rehearing of Rare 401(k) Lawsuit Revival
- The Society of Actuaries Releases Public Retirement Plans Mortality Tables, Pub-2010 ; Do Pension Cuts for Current Employees Increase Separation?
- PBGC to Take on Sears/Kmart Pension Plans
- Should city pensions finance Memphis’ economic ambitions?
- House panel chairman promises no changes to state pensions
- The Dallas Police and Fire Pension exemplifies the storms our entire retirement system faces
- Retroactive raises for Ann Arbor firefighters OK’d
- New California Governor Aims to Cut CalPERS, CalSTRS Debt ; Is Gov. Newsom serious about taming pension costs?
- Majority of UK pension funds changing or plan to change actuarial consultants
- Georgia’s auto-enrolment pension law faces constitutional challenge
- Britain’s famous Beefeaters strike over proposed pension changes
- Poland to Grant Pensions to Stay-at-home Mothers of Four or More Children
- Over EUR 2.3 bln paid out in pensions, family allowances in Estonia 2018
- Brits and Germans have very different views on the future of state pensions
- KPMG to reinstate divorcee’s pension following legal blunder
- Millions of Aussies burdened by financial stress
- US yields sag on growth, US-China trade worries
- Oil Prices Follow Economic Forecasts Lower
- The government shutdown has frozen the IPO market
- IMF lowers growth outlook for 2019-’20 ; Recession Incoming? Understanding Inverted Yield Curves
- 40 years after his “folly,” Bogle’s index funds reign
- Are Investors Finally Starting To Care About Social Impact? ; Skeptical About ESG? Don’t Be. Here’s Why ; These New York colleges and universities grew their endowments the most in 2018
- These Are the World’s Most Innovative Countries
- Brexit forces equity, foreign-exchange markets to leave London ; Companies press Brexit panic button in further blow to Theresa May
- China’s Q4 GDP growth dented by services, agriculture despite construction rebound
- UC Endowment Shifts Major Cash into Alts
- Hedge Funds Hunt for Brexit Bargains
- CBRE Bullish on Real Estate
- Will people ditch cash for cryptocurrency? Japan is about to find out
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder, CEO for The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 200,000 industry professionals, private and public sector executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.