Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, September 1, 2019 In this episode: (1) The challenges faced by many of America’s small #farmers with Larry Shover, Chief Investment Officer, Efficient Advisors, LLC , (2) Risky mortgages return – (non-qualified mortgages) – and from non-bank lenders, (3) Community guidelines at Google, (4) major cellular carriers are deploying drones in the path of Hurricane Dorian, (5) the so-called retail apocalypse – store openings actually increase, (6) mortgage rates increased, mortgage applications decreased, (7) there are a plethora of retirement podcasts, (8) Monopoly and Life board games – are these good tools to facilitate discussion about financial literacy? and, (9) a look back at retirement legislative and regulatory accomplishments so far in 2019.
- BRN AM for Tuesday, September 3, 2019 ; BRN AM for September 4, 2019 ; BRN AM for September 5, 2019 ; BRN AM for September 6, 2019
- Retirement security advocates hope to attach SECURE to budget legislation in coming weeks
- Chinese investment puts US government retirement funds at risk
- Pairing ESOPs With 401(k)s Can Heighten Retirement Outcomes ; Employers adding more lifetime income options to DC plans ; Headwinds to annuities in 401(k) plans persist
- HEB sued over 401(k) fees, accused of having one of the ‘most expensive’ retirement plans
- 401(k) Sponsors Look to Advisors for Help with Plan Improvements ; Is it Time to Pair an Emergency Savings Fund with a 401(k) Plan?
- Clients about to retire don’t have enough money in their 401(k)s
- Number of TSP Millionaires Still Growing
- Biz Groups Urge Justices To Undo Ruling In Intel ERISA Case
- Another TDF Targeted With Fiduciary Suit ; Don’t Mix Target-Date Funds With Other Products: Morningstar
- CHS, Principal sued by 401(k) participants; US Supreme Court Will Hear Three ERISA Cases This Fall
- As Employees Continue to Delay Retirement, Plan Sponsors Look for Opportunities to Increase Participation and Savings
- Choosing Between a Stable Value or Money Market Fund ; Merrill Sued Over Brokerage Sweep; A Look at Stable Value Lawsuits
- The evolution of the 401(k) plan sponsor delegation decision ; Fidelity, Jerry Schlichter trade barbs over Abigail Johnson testimony in 401(k) lawsuit ; Ninth Circuit Decisions Overrule 35-Year Precedent in ERISA Arbitration Disputes
- Sponsors ponder power of stretch matches
- 401k Target Date Allocations: Either You’re In or Out
- How does an annuity fit into your 401(k) portfolio?
- 2 courts issue 2 different rulings in arbitration cases ;Arbitration ruling piques sponsors’ interest
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 500,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.