Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, August 25, 2019 In this episode: (1) Small business trials and tribulations with voice-over actor and #contentcreator Dusty Porter, (2) How to save $1,000 in 5 easy steps (3) the birth of E-Delivery and modernization in the retirement industry?, (4) The new Apple Credit Card and a lack luster new Apple product line up this Fall, (5) a business roundtable defines shareholder value?, (6) #JacksonHole announcements and Tweets that have market influences and, (7) a the impact of a temporary payroll tax; will it decrease Social Security in the long term?
- The Morning Pulse Academy | Missing Participants: Connecting Retirees with their Benefits Are missing participants a fiduciary concern? Groom Law Group’s Kevin Walsh stops by the Academy to discuss this important topic for employers.
- Contributions to DC plans steady in Q1 ; Participants’ Posture on ESG Investing Not Showing in Retirement Plans
- DOL readies proposal for more digital 401(k) disclosures
- Litigators Share What They Investigate for Filing TDF Lawsuits
- Managed accounts: Primed for adoption in the 401(k) market?
- Charles Schwab Scores in Legal Fight Over 401(k) Plans ; ERISA case against Transamerica can continue, judge rules
- Small employers: Look before leaping into new MEP 401(k) option
- 401k Electronic Disclosure Closer to Implementation
- Education and Transparency Two Issues for CIT Use in DC Plans
- Can the SEC and DOL sing in harmony? ; How ‘Secure’ Is the Retirement Savings Bill?; Newly Sanctioned Auto Portability Solution Could Boost Retirement Savings by Trillions
- Proposed Hardship Distribution Regulations Mean Changes for 401(k) and 403(b) Plan Sponsors
- Schwab ERISA Appeal Victory Could Keep Plan Sponsors Out Of Court ; Walgreens Sued for $300 Million over Alleged 401(k) Mismanagement
- Here’s why so many workers are suing employers over 401(k) plans
- Does Your Practice Have an Education ‘Gap?’
- There Is Room to Improve Recordkeeper Websites for Plan Sponsors; Why Advisors Pick – and Punt – Recordkeepers
- Defaults Play a Big Role in Savings Outcomes
- Proposal To Digitize 401(k) Disclosures Moves Forward ; AI, blockchain should be high priority for record keepers
- Senators urge reversal in slated Thrift Savings Plan investment in China
- Why 401k Advisors Should Be Concerned By Latest Schlichter Settlement ; Vanderbilt Workers’ Attys Want $5M Cut Of ERISA Settlement
- New TSP withdrawal options nearly ready for Sept. 15 launch, agency says ; Alternatives to investing in the TSP
- Lawsuit Over TDFs Names Provider as Defendant ; High fees to blame for recent spike in 401(k) lawsuits ; MIT Workers Deny Harassing Fidelity CEO In 401(k) Plan Suit
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 500,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.