- The Weekly Pulse for Sunday, December 30, 2018 Wrapping up the news in #retirement, the #markets, #tech, #personalfinance, #healthcare and more. In this episode (1) Higher education endowments lag the market (2) alternative investment trends in 2018, (3) retirement outlook for 2019, (4) data and privacy: tech in 2019 and (5) volatility: what do financial advisers tell their clients? Special guests this week: Rick Seltzer, Inside Higher Ed and Tucker Piner, Bloomberg, LP.
December 31, 2018 SUBSCRIBE
- Survey Finds Advisors Good for Retirement Readiness, Confidence, Planning ; The Average Social Security Retirement Benefit in 2019 ; Stop blaming yourself for retirement savings shortfalls
- Mother urges parents to teach children financial concepts at early age
- Index investing: Not as passive as you might think
- Legislation to boost financial fitness in schools
- Evolution Of The ‘Humachine’
- SEC Orders Two Advice Firms to Pay $1.8 Million Over Alleged 12b-1 Fee Infractions
- How to use credit cards to travel more in 2019
- Why employees should never cash out their employer-sponsored defined contribution plan
- Unanticipated Responsibility: How Will Caring For Others Impact Your Retirement?
- Retirement Planning: When to purchase an annuity plan?
- Ohio National Answers Lawsuits On Trail Commission Cut
- 5 ways to spot student loan debt relief scams ; Will Congress penalize colleges that increase tuition?
- 7 tips for navigating student loans on your taxes
- Life Insurance As A Baby Boomer Estate Planning Tool
- How to Fix a Broken Health Care System
- Texas hospitals react to new mandate to post health care prices
- Healthcare Cybersecurity in 2019: The Time is Now
- CVS Got Aetna. Next Up, Reimagining Health Care.
- Stanford sees healthcare democratization a big trend for 2019 and beyond ; Presidential candidate John Delaney says every American should have health care ‘as a right’
- Healthcare AI market expected to surge from $2.1 to $36.1 billion by 2025
- Greece’s public healthcare near crisis point over shortages ; Turkey’s continued drive toward digital healthcare
TECH & SOCIAL MEDIA
- AI Competition Is the New Space Race
- Eye On Cyber: Security Tips For Using Airplane Wi-Fi
- Amazon’s Record-Breaking Holiday: What You Should Know ; An ‘Amazon Effect’ on Queens Real Estate? Here’s Why Brokers Say It’s Real
- Another day, another data breach: California’s security regulations to tighten in 2020
- Scams Continue in Year of 1000 Data Breaches
- Real estate tech companies will be tested in 2019
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS
- Retirement Assets Hit $29.2T: ICI Report
- The Retirement Policy Solution At The Top of My New Year’s Resolutions Is Not What You Think It Is
- A Look Back at Important 2018 Regulatory Developments
- The Benefits of Direct Real Estate Investing in Target Date Funds
- Drop the DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Plan)
- Oregon calling on other states to roll out retirement plans
- Why is there a pension crises?
- Richards calls for transparency around state pension system changes
- Pennsylvania Pensions Could Save Nearly $10 Billion over 30 Years ; Pennsylvania teachers’ pension fund is still paying the Chicago consultant investigated by SEC
- New York City will invest a portion of its pension fund in climate solutions
- Dallas Pension Tackles Emerging Markets Debt
- California faces a pension showdown ; CalPERS Engages Private Prison Companies
- Pension system asks AG for clarity on pensions for lawmakers
- Coach Nick Saban Could Get a $2.4 Million Annual Pension, Courtesy of Alabama Taxpayers
- As a grocery chain is dismantled, investors recover their money. Worker pensions are short millions.
- Age Pension liability ‘will fall faster than projected’
- Danish Pension Excludes 14 Countries for Human Rights Violations
- Ontario court decision sets precedent for First Nations
- Canadian Pension Steps Up Gender Board Diversity Advocacy
- Pressured by Farmers, Israel Delays Deal to Guarantee Pensions for Thai Workers
- Azerbaijan to increase pensions for about 36000 people
- Pensions time bomb in the NHS
- Ukrainians most concerned by war in Donbas, low wages and pensions
- Snowballing pension costs will be an economic challenge for new government
- Chiefs hail ruling on annual payments
- UK Private Sector Pensions to Pay More than £300 Billion by 2021
- Weighing The Week Ahead: A Blank Slate For The New Year?Americans’ confidence in the economy falls again and is at lowest level since summer ; US consumer confidence: On shaky ground?
- Inverted Curves Not Only Signal Recession. They Might Cause One
- Stocks give back large chunk of Wall Street’s historic rebound ; Markets are telling Trump: Get your act together
- Shutdown Enters Second Week as Furloughs, Closings to Expand ; Commerce Department won’t publish data during shutdown ; 3 ways the US government shutdown affects the world
- Gasoline Price Drops for 8th Week, Lowest in 2 Years
- Oil Dips After Industry Data Shows Surprise Crude Stock Build
- Higher Education Endowments Underperform the Market
- ETFs Gain $25.2B While Mutal Funds Lose $56B
- Valuable Reasons to Opt For Alternative Investments
- The Hedge Fund King and a Technological Arms Race ; Why 2018 Was Such a Bad Year for Hedge Funds ; Hedge fund managers looking at shrunken bonuses this year
- Hedge Funds Bet on Oil Rally in 2019 After Wackiest Year-End in Decade
- Remember Bitcoin? Some Investors Might Want to Forget ; Cryptocurrency dreams went bust in 2018
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder, CEO for The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 200,000 industry professionals, private and public sector executives and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content. In 2018, The Morning Pulse received the National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrator’s Media Leadership Award.