Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, July 28, 2019 In this episode: (1) Garrett Roberts of GoRow Studios provides an update on his business plan and discusses some of the latest healthcare and fitness trends, (2) Natalie Walters recounts her trip to Africa trying to fix Kenya’s low-income clinics with cost-effective technology, (3) Millennials (and others) are being creative in reducing their housing expenses, (4) Private equity being put on notice by workers advocacy groups, (5) GDP numbers exceed expectations, but US economic growth slows, (6) Amazon’s profits won’t be as high with 1-day shipping, and (7), the SECUREAct has not yet passed the United States Senate, but a multiemployer pension boost passed the U.S. House of Representatives.
- The Morning Pulse Academy | The Option of “Digital Gold” | Kevin Kelly, CFA, co-founder of Delphi Digital, returns to to discuss the “risk-on” narrative, crytocurrency as a medium of exchange and the idea that cryptocurrencies may or may not have an actual stored value.
- Workers Sue Yale University Over Workplace Wellness Penalties
- Millions Of US Workers Lack Access To 401(k) Plans
- Reducing regulatory obstacles to annuities in 401(k) plans ; Retirement security bills may drive opportunities for life/annuity players: AM Best
- Why Hire a 3(16) Plan Administrator?
- E-Disclosure, MEP Proposals Coming Soon, DOL Official Says
- Preparing Employees for Retirement, a Global Comparison ; Traditional 401k Plans Offered by 93% of Employers in 2019
- 10 states with the most workers lacking access to retirement plans
- Proponents of SECURE Act now looking to piggyback on spending bills ; How to Overcome Regulatory Obstacles to Annuities in 401ks
- St. Elizabeth Medical’s Pension Is Church Plan Exempt From ERISA
- Auto Alternative—Set it and Remember it: Outcomes 2019 Conference
- Traps for the Unwary: Code Section 410(b) Coverage Testing Concerns in Transactions
- Structuring Benefit Plans to Recruit and Retain Top Employees
- Who’s Auditing Retirement Plan Auditors?
- Labor Department issues final rule to expand open MEPs
- SEI agrees to $6.8 million settlement in fiduciary breach case
- Retirement Savings Shouldn’t Be a Political Piggy Bank
- Why RIA Valuations Have Reached a Record High in M&A Deals
- DOL Puts Annuities in Association Retirement Plan Footnote ; Small Businesses (Really) Like 401k MEP Concept ; Maybe Insurers Could Start Multiple-Employer Retirement Plans: DOL
- Bay State’s Fiduciary Proposal Correctly Excludes ERISA Plans
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 500,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.