Retirement Week in Review
- The Weekly Pulse Podcast for Sunday, June 30, 2019
In this episode (1) The latest 529 research with special guest Paul Curley, CFA, Director of 529 Research, Strategic Insight, (2) Companies taking a stand for social issues, (3) Retailers plans to upstage Amazon Prime Day on July 15, (4) moving the #Financial Literacy field forward – the Treasury takes a hard look at updating college curriculum, (5) #Bitcoin and cryptocurrency bounce back – Facebook creates Libra, (6) Will Senator Sanders’ Student Loan Debt forgiveness plan stir more retirement savings?, (7) a closer look at Executive Orders and the impact on new health and retirement plan regulations (e.g. association health plans, #ESG investing and e-delivery) and, (8) the impact of a healthcare merger on drug prices.
- The Morning Pulse Academy | *** This feature will return next week ***
- A look at DC pension trends in the US
- Employer Student Loan Benefit Programs A Growing Trend
- Engaging With Plan Auditors Can Improve Plan Operations and Governance
- Former senator: 401(k) plans were ‘never designed to be the retirement plan for America’
- Reg BI Bedlam: House Denies SEC Enforcement Funding ; Deferred Annuities as 401k Plan Default?
- Northrop Grumman Continues Fight With Insurer Over 401(k) Deal
- The Issues Holding Up Retirement Reform
- Do Target-Date Funds Encourage Riskier 401k Allocation Decisions?
- Workers in California are one step closer to retirement security
- Financial Wellness Programs Failing on Education
- GASB Proposes Financial Reporting Changes for Government 457 Plans
- Fiduciary Breach Lawsuit Issues Explored: Active Versus Passive Investments ; Snapshot of the Status of 403(b) Plan Fiduciary Litigation
- Congress Promotes New Level of Protection for 401k’s and Other Retirement Plans ; Retirement Industry Groups Urge Senate to Pass SECURE Act
- SECURE Act would have an impact on 401(k)s and profit-sharing plans ; House Blocks Funding for SEC Regulation Best Interest
- Additional Lifecycle funds coming to TSP next year
- How to Address the (Major) Risks of Proprietary Funds in 401ks
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 500,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.