In this episode: (1) Investment governance best practices with special guest Michael E. Drew, Financial Economist, Drew, Walk & Co. and Professor, Griffith University, (2) Apple speaks out about the impact of tariffs, (3) Should kids be taught finance? (4) Monopoly gets a refresh, (5) the Fed responds, a drone is shot own, what’s the impact to markets?, (6) coffee demagoguery and (7) the SEC asks for comments about allowing retail investors access to non-traditional asset classes.
PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Finra survey finds financial ‘have-nots’ on shaky ground ; Worried about the retirement savings ‘crisis’ in the US? Don’t be
- 5 Reasons Why Even Robo Financial Advisors Do Not Beat The Market
- New SEC Best-Interest Regulation Affects Retirement Plan Rollovers; Rolling Over Retirement Assets Creates Greater Retirement Income Adequacy
- Congress Wants to Make Your 401(k) More Like a Pension. Here’s the Problem With That
- I don’t think Social Security will be there when I retire. How can I plan? ; Millennials, you’ve got this all wrong. You need to stop ‘saving’ for retirement.
- An Intern’s Deep Dive into Behavioral Economics ; People are more honest than they think they are
- School’s out, and parents are spending big ; Parents, here’s another expense you’ll have to charge to your card this summer: childcare.
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Healthcare Consumer Experience Key to Transformation
- Colorado’s Ski Towns Could Fix the High Cost of American Health Care
- Obama Alums Tell Health Insurance Lobby “Medicare For All” Won’t Happen ; Patient Savings Act: A tool to lower healthcare costs | Opinion
- Doing More Harm Than Good? Healthcare Workers Often Provide Care While Sick
- CVS just laid out a big reason why health companies are worried about Amazon
- 3 Drugs Under FDA Review With Blockbuster Potential
- Pairing Health, Financial Wellness Benefits Yields Better Results
- Why Next-Gen Mobile Networks Will Be A Boost To Healthcare
TECH, MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Amazon shoppers spend more and shop more often if they have one-day shipping, survey says
- Automakers jump on venture capital bandwagon to plug technology gap
- Will Netflix Launch an Ad-Supported Tier?
- Apple Warns Trump Administration of Tariff Impact
- Google maps lists millions of fake businesses
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS & LITIGATION
- Younger DC participants allocate more to equity
- Index Fund Rise Coincides with 401k Suits
- Why Ted Cruz may be holding up major retirement legislation in the Senate
- How to get investors to save more for retirement? Perhaps by saying hello to their future self
- 5 ERISA Cases To Watch In The 2nd Half Of 2019 ; Plan Committee’s Prudence Prevails in Fiduciary Suit ; JPMorgan Workers’ Attorneys Seek $25 Million From ERISA Pact
- The best and worst examples of public pension oversight
- State pension plans doing better on annual contributions ; A full pension payment? Don’t be fooled.
- You’re On The Hook For Trillions In Pension Overpromises, And Divestment Is Making It Worse
- Houston Firefighters loses appeal on actuarial assumptions
- CalPERS Sets Up Trust to Allow Employers to Prefund Contributions ; Spotlight On California Pension Funds As Climate Risk Reporting Deadline Approaches
- Governor’s Office: Support Exists For Pension Bill
- Appeals court sides with Turner, Houston in firefighter pension reform lawsuit
- CalPERS pensions mostly restored for retirees who sued after losing promised income
- ‘Now is the time’ to deal with pension debt, Lightfoot declares
- Georgia’s pension fund cited in positive light by Moody’s credit analysts
- How many collecting Illinois pensions have moved to other states, and how much did they take with them?
- GE retirees to protest health benefit, pension issues
- How Multiemployer Pension Plans Continue To Extract More From Contributing Employers Than What They Bargained For
- Auto-enrolment success masks inadequate savings rates, industry warns
- Chaos and progress: Despite turmoil, Brazil is starting to fix its pension system
- Why letting young people plunder their pensions to buy property is a terrible idea
- Should Norwegians have to wait to 63 at the earliest to retire?
- Kenya Pension Funds Too Big on Bonds, $39 Billion Firm Says
- Trinity College could face boycott over pension scheme pullout
- India becomes investment darling for sovereign wealth and pension funds
- US weekly jobless claims fall more than expected ; Construction data shows US contractors ‘highly confident’ in 12 month market outlook ; The National Debt Is Still a Problem
- NY Fed’s Model Lowers US Third-Quarter GDP View to 1.3%
- What would it take to stop a Fed interest rate cut in July? A lot, economists say ; Gold soars to five-year high after Fed hints at interest rate cuts
- US oil demand was scorching hot last year – but gas-guzzling SUVs aren’t to blame ; The Oil Market Shows It Can Take a Punch
- Easy Does It Across Global Central Banks in 2019’s Busiest Week
- Twilight Of A Golden Age: The Retirement Of A Once-Strong Middle Class
- SEC says closed-end funds should disclose more, managers differ on requirements ; The Case for a Financial Transaction Tax
- New York, California high-tax state exodus just beginning, expert warns
- Hong Kong Has Suddenly Turned Into World’s Best Stock Market
- Brexit’s Fearmongers May Be Right—Three Years Late ; Bank of England set to keep rates on hold over Brexit unease ; EU leaders won’t renegotiate Brexit deal
- Alternative Assets Offer Opportunities
- Hedge funds are struggling to find a role
- Don’t expect eye-popping performance from PE megafunds
- Investors Make Biggest Share of US Home Purchases in 20 Years
- This father of three put everything into bitcoin. Here’s what happened next. ; Regulators pour cold water on Facebook’s cryptocurrency ; Should You Use A Robo Advisor With Crypto Investments?
- Venture Capital Desperately Needs More Governance
- Pensions Are Making Riskier Real Estate Bets ; REITs Take a Hit After a Big Runup
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder is the Creator and Founder of The Morning Pulse, Inc. Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets. He also is the creator, producer and host of the The Weekly Pulse podcast and TV show, as well as the original series Roads2Retirement.
ABOUT THE MORNING PULSE
Founded in 2012, The Morning Pulse, Inc. is an award-winning digital technology, media company and consulting firm focused on aggregating, organizing and delivering retirement and financial services industry information daily and weekly. Over 400,000, individuals, industry professionals, private and public sector executives, and government officials have come to trust The Morning Pulse for timely delivery of important and relevant news and content.