PERSONAL FINANCE, FINANCIAL WELLNESS, ANNUITIES, TAXES, CHARITY & FINANCIAL LITERACY
- Survey: Half of American workers haven’t gotten a pay boost this year
- Don’t Fall Victim To Financial Fraudster, Limra Warns ; Baby Boomers Waste Almost $3000 Per Year on This Terrible Expense
- What the Big 3 Banks’ Quarterly Earnings Revealed About Consumers
- How to give the gift of a college education instead of an iPad — and sell the idea to your kids ; 6 ways to save during the holidays using credit cards
- Crypto currency charitable giving: a potential boon for nonprofit fundraising
- Retirement Red Zone ; 10 Annuity Tax Facts You Should Know ; Massachusetts charges insurance salesman with posing as investment adviser
- TSP to Change COLA Calculations, and More
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Corporate Wellness Trends To Watch For In The New Decade
- The future of artificial intelligence in health care
- LifeLabs data breach: Hackers could still hold health records of 15M Canadians
TECH, MEDIA & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Decade Retrospective: Cybersecurity From 2010 To 2019 ; Holiday Season Cybersecurity Scams and How to Avoid Them ; The consequences of a data breach: why fines are just the tip of the iceberg
- Skirmish Between Banks and Fintechs over Financial Planning Apps ; Unpacking Big Tech’s Foray into Financial Services ; Analyst: ‘Innovation’s Great, But We Haven’t Seen Fintech Act 2 Yet’
- Cyberattack on Twitter targeted Epilepsy Foundation with strobing images
- Older Workers Ride Out Computer Age
- Apple, Google, Amazon Want One Language for Smart Home Devices
401k, 403b, 457b, NONQUALIFIED, STATE-RUN PLANS & LITIGATION
- 401(k) plan participants hike deferral rates again ; The danger of focusing on retirement plan participant outcomes ; Commentary: One size doesn’t fit all DC plans — and that’s OK!
- Here’s a twist on 401(k) participant education you may not have seen – Carosa
- Teachers Pay High Fees for Retirement Funds. Unions Are Partly to Blame. ; Another university asks SCOTUS to look at 403(b) lawsuits
- SECURE Act Progress Raises Enforcement Timeline Questions ; 7 (Polite) Life and Annuity Player Whoops of Joy for the Return of the Secure Act
- Could New DB Plan Designs Solve for Retirement Savings Inadequacy and Inequality?
- Illinois pension consolidation law will help cities, but nagging liabilities remain
- Pittsburgh Council kills pension enhancement amendment
- Kentucky Makes Changes to Free Pension from Funding ‘Death Spiral’
- Plan for miners’ pensions passes
- Oroville City Council approves three-way distribution of $3.4 million surplus
- Police Pension Fund Sues Goldman Sachs for 1MDB Records ; MetLife Agrees to $10 Million SEC Fine Over Pension-Related Accounting Violations
- French strikers angry about pension reform cut power to homes, companies
- Hong Konger retirement expectations reveal generational gap
- EIOPA eyes combining DB and DC in future pension fund stress tests
- Norwegian regulator warns of low rates impact on returns
- Most new liquid alternative funds are ‘relatively conservative’: DBRS
- Co-op Refinery employees locked out over protracted pension dispute
- Oil settles slightly lower after smaller-than-expected US inventory decline
- How passive is that passive ETF?
- Outlook grows dimmer for stock-picking fund managers ; Small investors’ move to ‘passive’ stock funds becomes a stampede
- EU agrees on sustainable investment “gamechanger” ; Here’s what you need to know about the $12 trillion ESG investment world
- China Central Bank Adviser Warns on Debt Chain Reaction
- Looking under the bonnet of alternative investments ; SEC Proposes Changes to Accredited Investor Definition
- Hedge Funds, Unicorns Will Be Open to More Investors in SEC Plan ; Three Things To Consider Before Using An IRA To Invest In A Hedge Fund
- A Troubling (and Costly) Trend for Private Equity
- Why Direct Lending Is a Booming Part of Private Debt
- Crypto Startup Accused of Illegal Fundraising Ordered to Refund Investors ; Crypto scam offers modern twist on classic pyramid fraud ; How Weird Is It That a Company Lost Hundreds of Millions in Cryptocurrency Because Its CEO Died?
- Fannie Mae sweetens US housing market forecast ; Politics, economy favor core real estate investments – survey ; USMCA will have a surprising effect on commercial real estate
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Jeffrey H. Snyder currently serves as Founder for The Morning Pulse, Inc and lead anchor for the Broadcast Retirement Network Considered an “industry insider”, thought-leader and an independent voice on retirement, personal finance and related issues, he has appeared in both television and print discussing the issues related to retirement and the capital markets.
ABOUT THE BROADCAST RETIREMENT NETWORK
The Broadcast Retirement Network (BRN) is the first lifestyle media platform focused on helping Americans achieve financial independence and to make retirement and savings culturally relevant. The content is informative and engages the viewer. Most importantly – No agendas, no sales pitches, no product pushes.
Our morning show, BRN AM, provides an assessment of daily issues so that Americans can create a plan of action for themselves and their families. BRN AM focuses on delivering headline news via brief interviews with real Americans working toward their financial goals.
Unlike financial shows which prioritize institutional investment managers and public policy organizations, BRN AM is a lifestyle show that brings the stories and ideas of regular Americans to the forefront. We engage with a range of topics pertaining to retirement, focusing individual episodes on personal finance, healthcare, social security, home-ownership and so on to provide viewers with the full picture regarding the future of financial security in America.