BRN | THE BROADCAST RETIREMENT NETWORK
"We want to cut through the clutter of every day life to bring important and relevant retirement information to our viewers. We want to make the idea of retirement and financial preparedness culturally relevant.” — Jeffrey H. Snyder, Founder
- What to Do with a Windfall with Markets at All-Time Highs ; Seven Ways to Trick Yourself Into Making Sound Financial Choices ; How Fintechs Are Helping Reduce Financial-Services ‘Deserts’ for the Underbanked ; 5 Ways To Keep Your Good Budget Habits Beyond The Pandemic
- ‘Meme stocks’ go mainstream: There’s now a fund for that ; Robinhood investor Howard Lindzon says “the rules were changed” for users ; Gensler Targets Broker ‘Gamification’ After Trading Tumult ; Nobel winner Eugene Fama on GameStop, market bubbles and why indexing is king
- Are You Sure You Know What’s in Your ETF?
- Oil Rebounds, Pushing Gas Prices Closer to $3 a Gallon ; How to cut costs at the pump as gas prices keep rising
- 15-year mortgage rate dips in Bankrate’s latest survey ; Is Now The Right Time To Pull Equity Out Of Your Home? ; Home buyer love letters could create legal liability, real estate group warns ; The downsides of being a landlord in retirement
- Budget give and take is mixed bag for farming ; Small-business wages grew in February
- The Supreme Court’s Chance to Rule for Donor Privacy ; Pandemic puts 1 in 3 nonprofits in financial jeopardy
- How Exercise Enhances Aging Brains ; More years in good health a gift, not burden
- Could California’s Master Plan for Aging set the bar for the rest of the country?
- A financial transaction tax would hurt seniors
- New Study Will Examine How Robustly Individuals Respond to COVID-19 Vaccination
- Ohio health dept. to retire system after miscount in COVID deaths
- Quarter of Healthcare Apps Contain High Severity Bugs ; Ontario’s plans for COVID-19 contact tracing wearable devices threaten freedom and privacy
- Local healthcare systems grapple with COVID’s impact on finances, staff and more
- Understanding Employee Health Decreases Costs While Increasing Participation
- Support for telehealth Medicare reimbursement gains steam in Congress
- Pro athletes supporting financial literacy for kids and young adults ; Vermont has a plan to help people become financially literate ; Dept. of Higher Education’s initiative helping college students save money
- The State of K-12 Cybersecurity Education
- Why Less Can Be More When It Comes to Cybersecurity ; Cybersecurity Study: 40% of SMB Websites Are Attacked Monthly
- Reasons Why the Security Industry is Protecting the Wrong Thing ; Lawmakers frustrated by secrecy surrounding massive data hack at Washington state auditor’s office ; How to Delete Your Old Online Accounts (and Why You Should) ; Eight Rules for Effective Password Protection
- Can Employers Use Artificial Intelligence And Data Analytics To Track Remote Workers? ; The use of artificial intelligence in life sciences and the protection of the IP rights
- What is blockchain technology? How does it work?
- 3 Ways Technology Is Revolutionizing Financial Services ; Why Fintech Battles Ahead Are About More Than Banks ; Can banks convince customers their data is safe?
- Amazon in Talks to Carry Many NFL Games Exclusively on Prime Video ; Senators question Amazon about using cameras to monitor delivery drivers
- They paid off the mortgage rather than save for retirement. Now what?
- Retirement Account Balances Rise to Record Levels in Q4 ; Pandemic’s Economic Perspective: Is it Worse than 2008? ; Wall Street Lobbies to Bring More ESG Funds Into 401(k)s
- Federal Benefits Require Their Own Beneficiary Designations ; ‘Might as well keep working.’ Pandemic prompts some feds to delay or reconsider retirement plans ; The most dangerous 401(k) myths many plan sponsors still believe
- What is a ‘fixed annuity’ and how can it help me in retirement? ; Layin’ it on the line: Are annuities a good alternative to bonds?
- IRS Planning Guidance on Student Loan, 401(k) Contributions ; Settlement Details Published in Norton Healthcare ERISA Suit ; Why New DOL Rule Will Help You Retire With More Confidence ; Taking Account of State-Run Retirement Plans
- Who should pay for pension mistakes? California Legislature could make a change
- Legislators can’t praise hardworking front-line workers while undercutting their retirement fund ; Pension change surefire way for Florida Legislature to worsen teacher shortage | Opinion
- Why some NJ cops and firefighters might get to retire early with pensions
- Were Macon-Bibb retirees shorted in pension calculations? Probe underway
- Estate developers, pension trustees urge government to pass REIT bill
- A cautionary tale of pension ‘reform’
- Senators question Amazon about using cameras to monitor delivery drivers
- Damschroder: Ohio teachers pension mauled by Panda
- LIMRA: Pension buyout sales hit $13.7 billion in Q4
- Budget 2021: Covid deaths set to cut state pension costs
- Fraudsters prey on the fears of China’s aging population.
- Icelandic pension system now holds twice the amount of annual GDP
- Universities face big rise in pension contributions as deficit quadruples
- The coming grey wave of boomers will overwhelm society if we don’t act now
- How an insurance policy can help you plan your retirement?
- Economic sentiment jumps as COVID-19 recedes ; Jittery Stocks, Jumpy Bonds: Why Investors Are Troubled by Signs of Growth ; Fed’s Harker sees no interest-rate hikes until 2023 ; Fed may need more than words in next battle with markets ; Target COVID relief to those most needy
- Oil prices climb as OPEC puts further supply cuts on the table ; The oil industry is getting greener faster as US policy shifts to climate change
- What to Watch as China Rolls Out an Economic Plan to Overtake the US ; China services sector growth slows to 10-month low ; Stock Selloff to Hit Asia as Bond Yields Surge ; Australia’s economy expands at brisk pace in fourth quarter ; UK forecasts show 4% GDP expansion in 2021 ; Mexico Central Bank Boosts 2021 GDP Growth Forecast to 4.8% ; Global bond rout puts BOJ’s yield curve control in spotlight ; Pandemic-era investment rules pose hurdles for sovereign funds, report says
- 3 tips for anticipating investor requests on climate, water and biodiversity ; Carbon capturing buzz turns into stacked payments for farmers ; Why it’s clear that investing in social change pays off
- Alternative investment fintechs soar as advisors look for new places to invest client money ; The institutional investor opportunity in real estate and other alternative assets
- Analysis: Spike in bond yields dented some hedge fund February returns ; New York Warns Hedge Funds: Pay Taxes ‘Like Everybody Else’
- What the SPAC phenomenon is doing for VC-backed companies ; KKR Moves to ‘Democratize’ Private Equity as SEC Signals Industry Scrutiny
- As Bitcoin Suddenly Surges Over $50000, The Price Of These Cryptocurrency Stocks Is Soaring ; How to Avoid Bitcoin Scams in South Africa ; Investing in Digital Currencies Affects Stocks, Central Banks and Nations ; PayPal Is Buying Cryptocurrency Secure-Storage Provider Curv, Report Says ; What to know about investing in cryptocurrency ; NVIDIA Beats Investors’ Cryptocurrency Mining Revenue Suit ; House OKs bill to attract more cryptocurrency mining facilities
- Post-covid-19, women prefer real estate more than men, finds survey ; Utah named hottest housing market in US ; 5 Key Pillars To REIT Investing
- Asia’s Ultra-Rich Are Piling Investments Into Blank-Check Firms